Canine Red Cell Supplement- any feedback?

luvmydogs

Canine Red Cell Supplement- any feedback?

Post by luvmydogs » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 am

Has anyone used Canine Red Cell supplement? I am trying to find a way to get more weight on my young dogs (1 1/2 yrs old). They get as much quality dog food as they want and are both still very thin. I was thinking of trying this Canine Red Cell. Let me know if you have any good or bad experience with the stuff.

PS- my dogs are completely healthy and vet checked regularly. We just live on a game ranch and they are fortunate to run/play for several hours a day.
Thanks.

MikeB

Re: Canine Red Cell Supplement- any feedback?

Post by MikeB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

What brand food/formula are you feeding and how much a day?

I would be using Prozyme digestive enzymes added to each meal. http://www.prozymeproducts.com/

If you don't see the desired results then you can try Animal Naturals K9 Healthy Gainer
http://www.k9power.com/animal-naturals- ... -1-lb.html

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 am

MikeB- thanks for the suggestion. I am currently feeding Purina One lamb and rice. I had them on Purina ProPlan Performance but they apparently didn't like the taste enough because I couldn't get them to eat much and they got skinnier. They like the Purina One and my male English Setter eats about 4.5 cups a day. He's about 62 lbs. My female only weighs 42 lbs and she eats maybe 2.5 cups a day. I currently give them as much food as they will eat but I would say that is what they generally consume. I will check into the enzymes. Thanks.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 am

luvmydogs wrote:Has anyone used Canine Red Cell supplement? I am trying to find a way to get more weight on my young dogs (1 1/2 yrs old). They get as much quality dog food as they want and are both still very thin. I was thinking of trying this Canine Red Cell. Let me know if you have any good or bad experience with the stuff.

PS- my dogs are completely healthy and vet checked regularly. We just live on a game ranch and they are fortunate to run/play for several hours a day.
Thanks.
sounds like they are perfectly fine the way they are to me. if they are healthy and happy, why do they need more weight?? post some pics, i bet you most people here will tell you they look great.