Ivermectin with PEG

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Ivermectin with PEG

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:56 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
Ron R wrote:
displaced_texan wrote:"Getting taken by vets" sure seems a little strong to me...
Not me...You must be lucky and have some good vets in your area. I took my dog to the vet once for an ear infection and when I was leaving and checking out at the front desk they hit me with a $260.00 bill.....highway robbery. The other time I had my wife take another dog to the vet and they said the dog had a gum infection and cleaned his teeth......$360.00. The worst part was with this particular dog turned out to not be worth 2cents and before I was going to put him down some crazy lady from work took him for free. Another time, I used my buddy's vet for another infection $290.00. Thanks for the hook up pal. Those were my only vet visits in the last 6 years. I take it back, I didn't include health checks for shipping...but still.
We do have some good ones.

I've got nothing against anyone making a good living. But there is a point where things are ridiculous.

You have to shop around. A friend has a dog we have decided needs a thyroid test. Her vet quoted $103, plus office charge. Where I work it is $45, plus a call fee, maybe, but no more than $70 total, and we do the good test, not just the Free T-3. Some of my clients' full service vet expenses are outrageous. $350 for teeth cleaning, for example. Sadly, these costs are at corporate clinics and the vets don't get paid that well.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

pointshootretrieve

Re: Ivermectin with PEG

Post by pointshootretrieve » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 pm

I was reading somewhere the other day Americans paid out over 6.3 billion last year in health care for there pets :o