Yesterday my 3.5 month old Wirehaired Vizsla got sick. Excessive saliva, she threw up her breakfast and had diarhea. By the end of the day she was almost back to normal and, after a bland diet and keeping an eye on her, today she's completely fine, but she felt rotten for several hours.
This evening she ran up to me with a 'gift,' and dropped at my feet two red berries. They came from one of our dogwood trees. I never noticed them before 'cause our other dogs never showed interest. We have several dogwoods but only one with berries (maybe it's like a holly tree, one gender has berries?).
Is it possible she ate some and that's what made her sick? I can't find any specific info about dogwood berries being poisonous, I tried a Google search and looked on the ASPCA poison control site.