Anyone know of a good vet. in the KC area?

PtLabRobert

Anyone know of a good vet. in the KC area?

Post by PtLabRobert » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:32 pm

I was wondering if anyone here could give me the name/telephone of a good vet in the Kansas City area (preferably in Johnson County, KS)???

I am about to get my new pup (In February) and need a vet I can feel confident in (maybe one that hunts, but if they don't its ok).

thanks!

PtLabRobert

Re: Anyone know of a good vet. in the KC area?

Post by PtLabRobert » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Just wondering...am I asking for too much here or is it not something that people share?

Or, maybe just no one in the KC area has viewed this post..not sure but I would appreciate the help.

Thanks! :)

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 am

Probably just too specific an area. I know Mike's Jersey on hear lives in KC and could probably recomend someone but he is in Leawood(sp) MO. Mike doesn't post much though so try a PM

Doc Smith in Ottowa comes highly recommended, I've known several people who have gone to him and been very happy. A bit of a drive but I have seen people drive further to go to him. I would recomend my vet but that's an even further drive.

There is also this thread for vets in Eastern KS I think Doc Smith's # is on there http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... et#p136216

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:10 am

We've used Dr Lyle on Hickman Mills Dr near the triangle. He does really good acl and lux patella surgeries at a reasonable price (my shiba rescue group has given him enough practice). I know we use Dr Pat Perkins for all of our back injury appt. She specializes in holistic/chinese herbal/accupunture. Other than that, I don't know of any but can ask my Dock Dog members who they use.

Carla

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Another suggested vet(s) : Prairie Village Animal Hospital at 83rd and Mission Rd Prairie Village. Dr Daly, Dr Mizerski, and Dr Gates. One of my DD members has been going there since she was 8 and just had her 50th B-Day. She recommends all three as very good. Dr Gates is now just part-time the other two are full time.

Carla

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Here's another reply I got.

Welborn Animal Hospital - Dr Chastain. Off State Ave near the speedway. Really nice and will answer all questions anytime, phone or office visit.

I have never been there but the lady who replied swears by Dr Chastain. That's all I have got for now.

Carla

Vandal03

Post by Vandal03 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Dr. Gates, 83rd and Mission. Not sure if he hunts, though. He's got a pretty good book out, as well. Good reading about puppies and psychology.

Oops, didn't see the post above.

PtLabRobert

Post by PtLabRobert » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Thanks so very much for all the help! I will contact a couple of these folks and decide on where to tak my new pup, although she hasn' t been born yet! ....Just want to be prepared.

have a great and Merry Christmas!!!

-Robert

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 am

I have one last one to forward. Blue Springs Animal Hospital. We have several members that use them. They have 8 vets and no one has had an issue with them yet. The one lady that recommended Wellborn Animal Hospital now goes here because it is closer to her house. Of there is always Mission Med Vet and VSEC if you need specialty services but be prepared they are expensive. I think that is all the ones I have. We live in leavenworth and are switching to a vet in Atchison, so I don't have personal opinions on any of them near you. Good Luck!

Carla

PtLabRobert

Post by PtLabRobert » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks Carla! I will keep all these in mind and try to contact them to get an idea of who I will go with.

z_foster22

Post by z_foster22 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm

dont go to blue springs animal clinic My mom takes her dog there and they are very good just there prices are quite high.