Nupro food supplement

webfoot1973

Nupro food supplement

Post by webfoot1973 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 pm

I have been using Nuproo for the last couple of months and would like to know peoples opinion of the product. Also, what kinds of supplements are you guys using ?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Nupro food supplement

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I have never found a need for a supplement so have never used one.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 pm

I prefer the Missing Link Supplement but will use the Nupro in a pinch. Both do well.

Carla
Last edited by 1vizsla on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YELLERDOGS

Post by YELLERDOGS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:48 am

I was not impressed with Nupro at all. We tried it only because a lot of DD people ranted and raved over it and we won some at an event. I did successfully give the dogs horrible breath, gas, stink up the house when I opened the container, and put a dent in my wallet. We have since trashed it, changed dog food and occassionally give the dogs some KM (a vit supplement) I have heard some really good things about Missing Link though I have never tried it.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Webfoot...,

I used Nupro regular on my dogs and joint formula on an old dog for several years in the late 90's. It certinly helps picky eaters or hard keepers to eat better as it increases taste over just dry food. The visual would be better skin and shiny coat, less shedding. The joint formula helped my aging arthritis dog until drugs were needed at 12.

What I didn't like was you had to use a lot of product per day in the begining 3 scoops and taper down to 1 scoop = 3 TBLspoons per day for maint.

What are you trying to improve in your dog? Why did you try it?

I prefer other products now. There are many many supplement to choose from. If you want a list of those products please feel free to PM me.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:11 pm

nupro is headquartered close to where i live and it is very popular in new jersey...i have a cheaper alternative...go to the butcher store and buy a big piece of liver and bone marrow...if you cant find just the marrow get the bones and spoon the marrow out. cut the liver into chunks and puree the marrow and liver and put it in ice cube tray and freeze...

another way is just slice the liver and place between waxed paper and freeze

give a few cubes a week or a few frozen liver slices a week and it will do a better job than a pricey supplement

sal

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:00 am

My buddy uses Annamaet Impact with Annamaet kibble and loves it.

sal

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:28 am

I think nupro is a decent supplement and better then nothing. I do think there are better ones out there though. I like Missing Link. My girls get fish oil, vitamin e, joint supplement, and a digestive enzyme.
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador