Illinois Dog food......

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Illinois Dog food......

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Illinois owned dog food company....fellow Illinoians, a dog food company owned by a fellow Illinoian, just thought you all might be interested...
I don't want to hear the typical dog food chat about my dog foods better than yours and bla bla bla, thats not what this is about, just another option for some of us, especially boys in S. Illinois. I have talked to the owner and I am gonna give a few bags a try, and see how the dogs fair....I'll be trying the 30/20 performance, the downfall is there only 2 distributors, and they are in S. Illinois, but if it works out well I am gonna try and get something here in C. Illinois.
Any thoughts or concerns feel free to Pm me, there would be a small discount with a rather large order...I do believe the 30/20 performance is $30 for #50 right now, thats there most expensive feed. And really the only one that intrigues me.

http://www.hi-standarddogfood.com/

Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Illinois Dog food......

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks Rob......had to hear it from a Utah man......go figure that one huh?

Chip

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I will check it out as I only live 20 miles from a dealer in Kinmundy. Seems to be good ingredients.
big steve

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Mr. Steve, the feed store in Altamont is where I will be getting the few bags for a trial run, been talking to the owner of Culpepper feeds Tom Denton, tell him I sent ya in, woth a shot and help out a locally owned company, and feedstore...
Let me know what ya think,
Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Well Ezzy, I know it's not your beloved Diamond, but........ :lol:

Chip

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Hey,

I am not in love with Diamond but it is the best feed I have found for the price. Thats why I feed it. I looked at the site you linked and it looks ok to me. If its readily available to you, it would be worth a try. I don't think it is real cheap but sounds like it is in the ball park. Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Back a couple of years ago when I couldn't find Diamond in the area I tried several other feeds and one I liked was a Tuffy's feed and then the one place I could find it quit handling it.

And stop picking on me :evil: :roll: :wink:

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 am

lvrgsp wrote:Mr. Steve, the feed store in Altamont is where I will be getting the few bags for a trial run, been talking to the owner of Culpepper feeds Tom Denton, tell him I sent ya in, woth a shot and help out a locally owned company, and feedstore...
Let me know what ya think,
Chip
Well, Kinmundy is about 20 miles and Altamont is about 40, but I get to both towns occas, and will give it a try.
big steve

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:36 am

ezzy333 wrote:And stop picking on me

Ezzy
It is kinda fun..... :lol:

big steve46 wrote:Well, Kinmundy is about 20 miles and Altamont is about 40, but I get to both towns occas, and will give it a try.
Are you able to get it in Kinmundy? Tom at Culpepper feeds will give you a very good discount on orders of 20 bags and orders of 40 bags.
Chip

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

Here's the link to the info on the food that I put together. http://utahbirddogs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4891

Thanks Chip!

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:16 pm

lvrgsp, From the zip code locator, I got Sunoco in Kinmundy, whatever that is. I will check it out later. I will not be buying in large volume. I usually buy from Valbert's Feed Store in Flora.
big steve