tick control on nursing females

gmanksu

tick control on nursing females

Post by gmanksu » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I have a english setter female that is currently nursing two week old pups and would like to know if any of the flea and tick control products are safe to use on her at this point with the nursing pups? Right now I am employing the pick, squish, and discard method, but don't want to take a chance on ticks getting to the pups. Thanks in advance.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: tick control on nursing females

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 pm

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=19174

actually get a water bottle and put ticks in there and spray with some insecticide

this tick twister link is what I have been using a got a couple extra for some friends and i am getting a couple more just to have for easy access
it slides and your able to get the ticks right at the mouth and no pushing any infected blood back into your dog and putting in water bottle you are not getting any possible infected blood on you either
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.