Member's Mark Exceed Recall

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Member's Mark Exceed Recall

Post by snips » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 pm

The Mgr at our store told me only that it was "out of stock' when they were out, like it was just a matter of time before they were getting some...Then it was back. Who knows?
brenda

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:11 pm

The SAMs in palmdale Ca has it on the shelves today. The wife picked it up so Im not sure of the cost or bag change yet

lking

Post by lking » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 am

Back on the shelves in Appleton, WI. Bag looks to be a little heavier made but still same design. Paid just under 30 dollars for 44lb bag.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 pm

I was at my Sams Club today, So. California and they now have the Exceed Chicken formula 30/20, yellowish bag with a cream colored Lab on the front of the bag. On the bag it says "compared to Eukanuba Performance formula". NOT EVER did Eukanuba use corn and wheat in any of their food.... EVER!!! Long ago they did use whole ground corn but never wheat.

The Exceed is more like Pro Plan Performance with the ingredients they are using. That has been said here before.

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Corn meal is listed in Eukanuba Performance ingredients today. Corn meal-ground corn. It is still corn. But you are right no wheat. Who cares what they are comparing it to My dogs do well with it and I went through many premium dog foods to find one they will eat, maintain their health and produce less stool. And all that factoring in availability and price. I have a GSP that his liver color starts to change to red if he isn't getting enough nutrients and this food keeps him liver and not red. Canidae use to work untill the great formula change of 2008. It stoped working. I'll stick with Exceed for now. If I only had one dog instead of 3 maybe it wouldn't be my choice. But for now we are happy it is back on the shelves.

Rick Hall

Post by Rick Hall » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:39 am

MikeB wrote:The Exceed is more like Pro Plan Performance with the ingredients they are using. That has been said here before.
Not so. Had my sweetie pick up a bag of Exceed earlier this Summer and was disappointed to find that, contrary to Internet-wisdom, the formula was not PP's.

(Those here who know how my experience has run with Euk, and beet pulp formulas in general, might enjoy hearing that my current young Chessie handled the Exceed appreciably better than three earlier dogs have similar formulas. We went back to PP, but I'd feed Exceed again if need be.)
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2009-2010 season log)

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:02 am

Exceed Lamb and Rice is back on the shelves in rather limited quantities at my local Sams. There was Chicken and Rice (the 30-20 stuff) on the self last week but no L&R. This week, there was L&R, but no C&R.

nwMOgsp

Post by nwMOgsp » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:52 am

Chicken and rice is back here, but now the lamb and rice is gone (it was available the whole time the chicken was gone).

Jason

gambel

Post by gambel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Both the Chicken and Rice and Lamb and Rice are back on the shelves in Northern Utah. I told myself I wasn't going back to it but I ended picking up a couple of bags to start the transition back to the Chicken and Rice. When I opened the bag the food appears a little different than before. Its a bit darker in color than I remember it before. I guess we will see how the dogs do with the transition back to it?

Hope you all get it back soon!