Switched food while Exceed was not available; Observations

wannabe

Re: Switched food while Exceed was not available; Observations

Post by wannabe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 am

I haven't been back to Sam's since I switched the dogs over to Diamond Extreme Athlete, so I don't know whether they are stocking it yet. So far, I am very happy with the switch. The kennels are easier to clean, I am feeding about 25% less, and the dogs seem to be eating with more enthusiasm. I have also been able to purchase Diamond at more than one location in town. 8)
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

kumate

Post by kumate » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm

I see no problem in people hashing out their views as long as everyone is respectful, but that dosent mean aggreable. I always like the exchange of info, i can sort thru the bs as i see it and take what i think i can learn from and maybe use it. It is always interesting that the threads that get the most traffic are the ones that the most people say i dont want to read this or that then continue to participate and read the thread. As long as everyone is respectfull i see no reason to lock threads, if people lose interest they will die on their own. Most folks are capable of makng the decision to keep reading or just pass the thread and go onto something else. Just my 2 cents

Jerry

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm

twofeathers wrote:My apologies, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I did not intend on those with knowledge to stifle themselves for sake of argument. I am here to learn and with that, on any type of forum, one should have his or her own BS filter. :oops:
twofeathers, my comments were not meant to be personal. I only used your quote to make a point, which BTW, is only my opinion. You have a right to your opinion, the same as everybody else. You have no reason to apologize. I hope this makes things good.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Exceed is back on the shelves here & I bought my first bag since has been off the shelve.The bag looks the same & still has NO LINER just like before so the bag story holds no water like I stated before.I guess maybe they just took the GREASE out of the food!! (NOT)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 pm

They probably used a different grade or type of paper if it is true that the oil was leeking through it. You would have to check the inner layer if they use a 3 ply bag. Many times we went to a waxed type inner liner in the summer when you have the bleeding problems. It also is a problem when you ship all over the country. We would get complaints from the south that there was too much fat and the people up north were complaining about the feed being too dry. And it was all the same batch.

You just do the best you can do,

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Ezzy these bags are of some kind of woven material the same kind that Purina was using for Hi-Pro before the quit making it.It is tuff you can't tear it has to be cut & is only 1 ply,if they are now using some kind of coating it's not noticeable.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Ted,

I have no idea what they are doing but was just trying to explain what might be happening and you wouldn't see a difference. It does seem strange that every store has there own excuse like they haven't been clued in. And that might be the case.

Just didn't want you getting in too deep when you said their bag excuse wasn't true. I always like to think people are telling the truth till they prove otherwise. But I personally don't have a clue what they are doing.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:01 pm

that sounds like a polypropylene material

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 pm

mcbosco wrote:that sounds like a polypropylene material
Yep, without a doubt. Good stuff but I have no idea how much it breathes or allows oil to get through. The whole problem was probably caused by global warming.

Ezzy