Overheard - dog food discussion

nanney1

Overheard - dog food discussion

Post by nanney1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:42 am

I was at a small, UKC conformation show this weekend and happened to overhear a couple of exhibitors discussing food ringside. The Chessie exhibitor (who was very loud) said that she fed RAW, usually chicken or ground beef. The Northern Chinook lady said that she didn't have time with all of her dogs to feed RAW. And, she didn't want to feed some special, expensive kibble since she knew her puppy owners would just feed whatever. So, she wanted her breeding dogs to be able to do well on a basic, commercial kibble.

Currently, she said she was feeding Member's Mark. You would have thought the Chessie lady was going to have a stroke from the news that she was feeding such a horrible food. She actually took a step back, held her chest, and said "Oh no". The Chinook lady said that when she started with dogs she fed Alpo and her dogs always did fine. Kind of interesting and funny at the same time.

Wlfdg

Re: Overheard - dog food discussion

Post by Wlfdg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 am

"One man's junk is another man's jewel."
That doesn't change the fact that it's junk! :roll:

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:41 am

I have been back feeding Exceed and in my opinion it is far from junk, what people feed is too heavily influenced by propoganda, some fall for it some don't.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Wlfdg wrote:"One man's junk is another man's jewel."
That doesn't change the fact that it's junk! :roll:

I don't think feeding raw is junk. It's just one way of feeding if you have the time and money to do it. But you shouldn't call it junk!.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.