Sore Paws

Ditch__Parrot

Sore Paws

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Anybody have any experience with using boots in the snow and ice ?? I've seen mushers secret recomended before. Does it work? Anybody with first hand experience with it ??

Sadie Marie doesn't tolerate the snow and ice well at all. Don't know why but I take the 2 out and Daisy will be in fine shape but Sadie will be bleeding from all four paws. Happened again today. She heels up quick and doesn't really seem to notice it much, but I do.

With boots and such I worry about slipping and falling, sprains, strains, torn ligaments tendons and such more than anything.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Sore Paws

Post by mcbosco » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 pm

I have Mushers Secret and use it frequently. I like the stuff and the container lasts a very long time even the small one. I wouldn't buy the large container unless you had several dogs. Pads stay hard and very smooth and black but it could never be the protection of boots.

For a few bucks I think its worth it.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Sore Paws

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 am

I've never had a problem with sore or tender paws. But I try to condition the dogs so we don't have that problem. I used to put crushed rock in the kennels so they had to run on it during their kennel time and now have rough cement that works also. I have used Tuff Foot on an injured paw and it seems to help and have heard good things about the Musher's product.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.