Would you feed this

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Would you feed this

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 am

Oh brother Give me a break it is bad enough these fruit cakes what to make non hunting vegans out of all of us now, they want to turn our dogs in to vegans and what is worse petco is going to carry it.... http://www.petproductnews.com/headlines ... hoice.aspx

Humane Choice
Ingredients
Organic ground canola seed, organic brown rice, organic soybean meal, organic buckwheat, organic flaxseed, organic sunflower seed, organic millet, organic carrots, organic beets, organic broccoli, organic sunflower oil, organic canola oil, organic peas, salt, organic garlic, organic oregano, organic thyme, organic rosemary, organic green tea extract, choline chloride, ascorbic acid (as a preservative), mixed tocopherols (as a natural preservative), vitamins [vitamin E supplement, calcium pantothenate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid], calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, minerals [ferric sulfate, zinc oxide, sodium selenate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate].
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kerplunk105

Re: Would you feed this

Post by kerplunk105 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 am

I dont feed my dogs any grain and hardly any veggies..so I'm going to go with a heck no lol

How can a dog even survive on that?
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am

That stuff is designed and made by complete Lunatics
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:16 am

nuts on the east and west coast

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:36 am

Absolute silliness, especially for a working dog!
big steve

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 am

There is a difference between silliness, crazy, stupid, or filling a need and making some money while doing it. Don't think anyone is trying to make you feed it but will bet that there a lot of nuts on the left coast that would. Look how many have who have fed the no grain diet which is just as crazy. I don't get upset by people who see an opportunity to make some money. Lets direct our attention to the people who want it and buy it. We argue the same thing everyday here on this board. Look at all of the misdirected fantasies about dog food we hear but you can't blame the manufacturers for selling what people want. I admit I just have to keep shaking my head in disbelief at all of the crazy ideas people get about dog food. I don't think there is any other animal that has so many people trying to make it eat what they think it should rather than let it eat what is good for it and fulfills it's needs. And if you try to tell them they get really upset with you. You will know how many people will use something like that by how long they stay in business.

I chalk it off to just a feature of our present day society where everyone knows more than the people who are actually educated and working in the area. And the often misguided animal rights and environmental nuts all play a part. Just stay the course and maybe someday we will get our senses back.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 am

kninebirddog wrote:Oh brother Give me a break it is bad enough these fruit cakes what to make non hunting vegans out of all of us now, they want to turn our dogs in to vegans and what is worse petco is going to carry it.... http://www.petproductnews.com/headlines ... hoice.aspx

Humane Choice
Ingredients
Organic ground canola seed, organic brown rice, organic soybean meal, organic buckwheat, organic flaxseed, organic sunflower seed, organic millet, organic carrots, organic beets, organic broccoli, organic sunflower oil, organic canola oil, organic peas, salt, organic garlic, organic oregano, organic thyme, organic rosemary, organic green tea extract, choline chloride, ascorbic acid (as a preservative), mixed tocopherols (as a natural preservative), vitamins [vitamin E supplement, calcium pantothenate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid], calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, minerals [ferric sulfate, zinc oxide, sodium selenate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate].
While I don't agree with whole "Human Choice" logic trying to make vegans out of natural carnivores, I do have a good friend whose dog developed GI problems & as a result was unable to eat any kind of animal protein. So other than cooking a vegan diet for his dog himself, something like that would have been his only choice.

But other than that... it's ridiculous!
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!