Shorthair Female

ringneck007

Shorthair Female

Post by ringneck007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm

I recently took my buddys 4 year old shorthair cause he had to go back to Iraq and his parents won't keep he cause there splitting up, any who last night when i took her out to "do her bussines " it looked like she was bleeding from her anus but she is not fixed and it could just be her heat cycle. but am not sure i saw more blood in the little bit of snow in the kennel but didn't see her leave it there could she have gotton into something and be bleeding from her insides or could it just be her heat cycle ? i'm planning on taking her to the vet to make sure but i wanted your thoughts first.
give me your 2 cents thanks, Dan

kerplunk105

Re: Shorthair Female

Post by kerplunk105 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Put a white tissue up against her vulva area and see if there is any discharge.
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am

Until you know, for heaven's sake, keep her in a place where a male can't get to her. They will dig, climb and chew through to get to them.

ringneck007

Post by ringneck007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

She checked out ok and she is not in heat. he said she must of swolled something that cut her anus while passing it cause she had no internal bleeding or anything in the x- ray and he gave me some pills and cream and she is all good now.

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 am

Poor baby, glad she's okay. She may have even rubbed her butt up against something and cut it. I know what my Lab anal sacks get annoying, she does the butt scoot.
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador