Ghrist Veterinary Clinic....Pittsfield, ILL..

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Ghrist Veterinary Clinic....Pittsfield, ILL..

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Just wanted to give a BIG thanks to Doc and his staff at the clinic today, after calling around for 2 months to get Jills OFA done, I contacted Doc ( most know him as Dog DR. on here )..not only was he competitive in pricing heck I could not afford to pass it up even with it being 110 miles away. Just a great group of people in the office, very very picky & attentive in his OFA x-rays. Anyone anywhere near this clinic I would highly reccomend them.
I know I sure am thankful that he frequents the board and will give us his professional opinions on health related topics, it is much appreciated by me Doc.
The Red Dome was good Doc.

Thanks,
Chip

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Ghrist Veterinary Clinic....Pittsfield, ILL..

Post by Sharon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:39 pm

We are very lucky to have him participating here.

I though it said Christ Veterinary Clinic. If it did say that, I'd be looking for miracles there. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

He also has an office in Carrolton, IL. It is not too far from me, and I will be using him and/or his Associate for my future vet needs.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

tn red

Post by tn red » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Its great to have a vet thats interested in the dogs and not just the money.Everybody has to make a living but man some vets ,well i ll just say sounds like a true sportsman and humanitarian

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am

Question for Dog Doctor - Do you do digital X-ray for OFA pics? If I understand correctly they can be done then successfully with no sedation? Is there any advantage to the digital X-ray route?
Thanks
Bob

Sullivan, Illinois
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:06 pm

I will let Dog Dr. speak specific to his procedures, but the "digital xrays" in humans are taken the exact same way as traditional xrays. The "digital" part comes after the xray is taken when the cassette is placed into a machine that copies it into a digital formatt so it can be viewed, copied etc. on a computer or viewer. I can't see where the sedation process would be any different but I might be wrong.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 pm

birddogger wrote:He also has an office in Carrolton, IL. It is not too far from me, and I will be using him and/or his Associate for my future vet needs.

Charlie
Yes you are correct Charlie, Thanks for adding that...
Just an awesome office, and I understand vets need to run their business and make a living as well, and without getting into specifics as to pricing by going down to Doc the difference in the total pricing for the OFA was Ghrist was they were $155 cheaper than any clinic in central ILL I called, kinda makes the decision easy as far as non emergency visits IMO....plus the folks there are just great a very laid back welcome environment.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

postoakshorthairs wrote:I will let Dog Dr. speak specific to his procedures, but the "digital xrays" in humans are taken the exact same way as traditional xrays. The "digital" part comes after the xray is taken when the cassette is placed into a machine that copies it into a digital formatt so it can be viewed, copied etc. on a computer or viewer. I can't see where the sedation process would be any different but I might be wrong.

thats exactly right. we dont have digital x-ray capabilities yet, just cant justify the price.

Chip, thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed meeting you, and Jill is a gorgeous dog! Probably the prettiest GSP I have seen. Thanks for your business!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm

I know if I were ever in the illinois area I would for sure look up dog dr first and yes I too would go the extra mile to see him..I do with the Vet I have now here in AZ..because of the down to heart care and love for animals they have.

So dog dr yet again THANK YOU
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:19 pm

It's certainly an advantage to live in rural areas where you can know your Vets, and where you can get them when you need them, and for reasonable fees. Matt is certainly one, and I'm sure he knows of the clinic in my town of Flora where we have an older Vet with two younger Vets. A couple of years ago, my daughter out of St. Louis had her poodle spayed here for about half price compared to her area.
big steve

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Just an update here Doc, I finally got the OFA's back today....EXCELLENT...Again a big thanks to you and the girls in the office and your attentiveness to detail in shooting the x-rays, I sure appreciate it.

Chip

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 am

lvrgsp wrote:Just an update here Doc, I finally got the OFA's back today....EXCELLENT...Again a big thanks to you and the girls in the office and your attentiveness to detail in shooting the x-rays, I sure appreciate it.

Chip
Fantastic!! I was beginning to wonder about that, as i hadnt seen any results here, yet. Glad you got a good result. cant wait to see some pups!

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

dog dr wrote:
lvrgsp wrote:Just an update here Doc, I finally got the OFA's back today....EXCELLENT...Again a big thanks to you and the girls in the office and your attentiveness to detail in shooting the x-rays, I sure appreciate it.

Chip
Fantastic!! I was beginning to wonder about that, as i hadnt seen any results here, yet. Glad you got a good result. cant wait to see some pups!
So....do all the forum members dogs get an "excellent" rating when they visit Pittsfield???? :lol: 8) might be worth a visit from a little more southern illinois. :mrgreen: