feelings on dog food...

deerslayer300t

feelings on dog food...

Post by deerslayer300t » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:11 pm

iam just wondering whats everyones feelings on eukanuba dog food?

big steve46

Re: feelings on dog food...

Post by big steve46 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Good feed. Overpriced! Other feeds will do the job as well for less cost. I haven't looked at their products in the last couple of years, but that was my opinion before.
big steve

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Feelings on dog food has no useful purpose. Dog food is an item that is essential for a dog yet so many people pick and choose with feelings. It is something that should be chosen by the quality of the food and that is best determined by the results it produces when fed to a dog.

Eukanuba is advertised as a good feed but I know no one that uses it as it is quite high priced and many cheaper feeds do as good a job of supplying the needed nutrition for a dog to be healthy, happy, and fit for a lot less money. At least those are the reasons as I see them. When you can do something just as good for a lot less money then how you feel about a food should not enter into what to feed.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:17 pm

I like Euk, I like Pro-Plan during hunting season...I like Purina One other times.
Basically, because my dogs do well on them.

I'm sure other foods would work also....but I do not like to find bugs/weevils/etc. in dry dog food...silly jokes about protein additives ignored.
I feed what works and what makes me feel good as the one responsible for the feeding.

For me, it is about far more than any bottom line.
Probably why I add a good canned food to the dry after a long day hunting...I reckon I would like it.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I think Eukanuba is great . I have put weight on dogs that needed, very easy with this food. I raise my puppies on Eukanuba Med. Breed Puppy and also feed it to my field trial dogs. Eukanuba is pretty expensive if you have a lot of dogs. My older retired dogs get Diamond Premium Adult , I am also pleased with results from this food.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 am

I love Euk food....my only prob with feeding it is where I am at there are 2 places that carry the performance at a reasonable rate ( yes I know thats subject to opinion..) and they do a poor job of keeping it stocked. TSC, Big R has quit carrying the performance, Farm & Fleet carries it but never know when it's in stock. TSC and Big R will not order it at all. The premium pet shop in town has it as well as a few specialty shops and it is $8 a bag higher than FF...and I am not paying $57/bag for it.....Distribution in my area and pricing keep me from using it......Awesome food!!!!

naperdog

Post by naperdog » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 pm

I had my dog on Eukanuba and was pretty happy with it. the prices at the store were pretty high, but i always had a good coupon and/or sale when i bought. I never paid the full marked price which was around $48/bag, i usually paid somewhere between $35 and $42. some might still think that is pricey, but not as bad as $48. i can't remember exactly what size bag that was.