K-9 advantax or frontline

Munster

K-9 advantax or frontline

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

I have been a frontline user for years..but I have seen how advantax advertises that it REPELS mesquitos. I had to cut our walk short last night becasue the skeeters were SOO bad thay were all over the dogs.

What are the pros and cons of advantax, who uses it and how do you like it compared to frontline.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

jlp8cornell

Re: K-9 advantax or frontline

Post by jlp8cornell » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 pm

I use Advantix and it works very well. Do not use if you have cats- toxic.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Munster wrote:I have been a frontline user for years..but I have seen how advantax advertises that it REPELS mesquitos. I had to cut our walk short last night becasue the skeeters were SOO bad thay were all over the dogs.

What are the pros and cons of advantax, who uses it and how do you like it compared to frontline.
You might want to take a peek at this discussion on the topic: http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 88&t=22910
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:25 pm

jlp8cornell wrote: Do not use if you have cats- toxic.

All the more reason to use it! :twisted:

Jim has a cat that has seniority over me. He has had it for 18 years and the darn thing wont die!

Good infor thanks Submariner and cornell.

I think I will stick with Frontline, has worked for me for years.Just was wondering about something to combat the skeeters while in the marsh.They were so bad yesterday, they were hitting me in the face as I wallked.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Funny munster--I am not a cat person either. IN fact, hmmmm....a way to decrease my neighbor's feral cat population that lives in my barn.... :twisted:

Jen

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 pm

I've been using Frontline plus for quite a few years- I buy the large doses 89-132lbs and put a bit on each Britt- and the cat- cat usually lets me know if she has a flea and doesn't mind the Frontline- put a bit to much on her and her skin seems to crawl a bit- never been a problem-

except one time- wife said she must have put on to much as the cat zipped away with her hair going every which way- something like things crawling all over her back- and the cat stayed in the bedroom and wouldn't come near her for the whole day- Britt's thought it was pretty good the cat seemed a bit distressed

don't think there's anything out there that repels mosquitoes- except deep woods off or what i like- Repel 40% Deet- I'll spray the Britt's sometimes- never been any ill effects- good for flies also

I'll also carry a can of Raid Insect spray- flies and misquitoes can be fierce this time of year arround here- as long as there isn't any wind- works nicely