Loyall Active Adult Formula or Kirkland Chicken & Rice

Hondo

Loyall Active Adult Formula or Kirkland Chicken & Rice

Post by Hondo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Loyall Active Adult Formula 26/19 or Costco Kirkland Chicken & Rice adult dog food 26/16? I believe the Kirkland Chicken & Rice adult dog food is the same as Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Formula.

http://www.loyallpetfood.com/loyall/en/ ... /index.jsp
http://www.diamondpet.com/products/diam ... g_formula/

Which out of the 2 would you use? Why?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hondo

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Re: Loyall Active Adult Formula or Kirkland Chicken & Rice

Post by slistoe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:42 am

Whichever one kept the dogs in the kind of condition I like for the work they do.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:53 am

we used to feed kirkland dogs did OK on it

we now feed loyal maint to the older dogs and performance to the trial and young dogs/pups and they are doing very well on it
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:07 am

I fed Loyall for a while, I used the Active Adult, Puppy, and and 24/20 blend, I was very happy with all three it but it was a little pricey and not easy for me to get in my area. Switched to Black Gold, dogs are doing even better with it and a little easier on the wallet.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 am

I would feed which ever one is cheapest probablt as long as it is readily available . The only reason I feed any dog food is because the dogs get hungry if I don't provide food for them. I feed whatever the dogs like and do well on and only the dogs can tell you that. All of the people on this board do not know as much as your dog. Example, what are you going to feed if we all say the Loyall and your dog won't eat it? And vice versa, if we all tell you Loyall is the worst feed we have ever fed but your dog is doing great on it, are you goinbg to switch? Most people who are comtinually searching for a better dog food DO NOT read their dog and that is a shame because it is what you are feeding and not just dog food. Feed your dog and you will be OK.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:07 am

Loyall is good food. I have used it in the past but have gotten great results with Black Gold at a better price.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I prefer to feed the higher protein and fat food (30/20 blend) than the lesser foods. In less active work times for my dogs I find that I feed considerably less. For the average dog owner food cost can be over blown, (in my opinion). For example, If an average dog eats three cops of food a day and we generalize a 40lb bag of food at 160 cups of food then the math breaks down as follows.

A $45 bag of food equates to a cost of .84 per day per dog.

A $22.50 bag of food equates to a cost of .42 per day per dog.

Annualized, this means that we would spend $153.30 per year more feeding the more expensive food. This is $12.78 per month more. The impact of this is certainly arguable depending on the number of dogs and an individuals discretionary budget. However, I have used extreme examples making the more expensive food twice as much as the least expensive. In addition, you will find that higher protein and fat foods take less to keep a dog at healthy weight than the others.

As a side note, there is at least one major brand of food mentioned in these nutrition threads that is tied by its parent company to the humane society. It is not Loyall or Purina but it is a major brand with good food that may be at cross-purposes with the agenda of the dog owners on this site...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:55 pm

I imagine we all know who you are talking about but it doesn't help solve the problem if you can't say which one it is. You may even get some more info on it.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I have fed Kirkland in the past and had solid results with it. That was probably 6-7 years ago, so im sure the formula has changed since then.

After leaving Kirkland I got on the Purina Pro Plan Performance bandwagon. Dogs looked great, performed well, and held up well. The problem was that between the ever increasing cost and at the same time decreasing bag size it was getting darn expensive when i was needing to feed 6 cups per day per dog.

I gave the Loyall Active Adult 26/19 a try and was very pleased. Within a short while i realized that I needed to reduce the amount fed as the dogs were getting chunky. I feed 3 cups per day per dog right now and they look and perform every bit as well as they did on Pro Plan Performance all the while paying less for a bigger bag and feeding half as much. I tried a couple of bags of the Loyall Professional 31/20 and i didnt see any better results or reduction of quantity fed over it so I'm still feeding the Active Adult 26/19 and have no plans to switch to anything else.