rkelly wrote:Anybodys dog ever get into Decon? Mine got into a small amount this weekend in a barn. So far isn't showing any signs or symptoms, but I guess it can take a few days. Took her to the vet today and got her on Vitamin K1 for 3 weeks.
snips wrote:If you know the dog has eaten something you can induce vomiting with a dose of Peroxide.
BigShooter wrote:snips wrote:If you know the dog has eaten something you can induce vomiting with a dose of Peroxide.
Always consult a vet or the Veterinary Poison Control Center. If you cannot make vet contact immediately & suspect a dog has eaten some poison you can induce vomiting with a cup of hydrogen peroxide OR a tablespoon of table salt. Vomiting should be induced as soon as possible to limit any digestion.
BigShooter wrote:Ethylene glycol in antifreeze & coumadin (anti-clotting chemical) in mouse or rat bait are probably two of the most common substances dogs will get into. Neither are caustic agents like gasoline or Draino. Vomiting must be induced within minutes, not hours and veterinary consultation is strongly recommended.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests