Revolution any use it?

56-26

Revolution any use it?

Post by 56-26 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 am

i have always used frontline and heart guard now my Vet says this will take care of both. any use it?

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Revolution any use it?

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am

I have looked into it but the main problem is that it is only effective against one tick species, the large hard bodied Dog Tick. So for an eastern dog, not the perfect product.

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 am

I used it on my German Shepherd before he died. I had no complaints.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

lovemydog

Post by lovemydog » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:27 pm

I first started using Frontline on my dog, but my vet suggested I switch to Revolution. He said it was a better all-around product and that more people preferred it because it is more effective and can prevent more than Frontline. I have since been using Revolution and haven't had any problems. My dog would occasionally get fleas while on Frontline, but he hasn't had any since the switch!

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I use both Frontline & Revolution on my GSP, and apply each monthly alternating the application every 15 days. Frontline offers superior tick and flea protection to Revolution, and Revolution protects from heartworm and sarcoptic (mange) mites where Frontline doesn't. My vet recommended this, and as long as I was using both I did not need to use Interceptor for heartworm.