Arkat

muddycreek

Re: Arkat

Post by muddycreek » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Paid $26.50 per 40 lb bag of Professional Athlete this week. For that price I will stick with it as the dogs have done very well on it. That is as long as they didn't change the formula drastically and the dogs continue to do well.

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:51 pm

bossman wrote:Any updates regarding the details of the change?
The change went well and im glad I did it.
They love it and they look great!more than i would like to pay but it is what it is i guess.
I have noticed that the hunters edge formula has not increased in price as of yet.it is 26.95 for 42#.
I am very happy with the results from native so far.no loose stools this time either.I can adjust the levels if needed also.
so far so good.

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm

So...smokinsam..Are you feeding both Enhance and Native? When you say "they" love it, how many dogs are you feeding?..Thanks

shets114

Post by shets114 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:58 pm

How much are you paying for Native?

fordman

Post by fordman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 am

I was paying 25$ for 50# that does not look like a good deal.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:51 am

The thing that pisses me off is they increased the price of the Hunter's Edge formula and decreased the weight of the bag. Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buc to me. I too will be changing unless they fix one or the other.

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 pm

bossman wrote:So...smokinsam..Are you feeding both Enhance and Native? When you say "they" love it, how many dogs are you feeding?..Thanks
im feedin 3 dogs.
but im now switching to diamond naturals chix and rice.same as native level 2 at 37 bucks a bag.diamond is 25 for 40#s.
ingriedients are the same.and i can find it easier than native.

and no i wasnt feeding enhance.never tried it.

Addict

Post by Addict » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:27 am

muddycreek wrote:Paid $26.50 per 40 lb bag of Professional Athlete this week. For that price I will stick with it as the dogs have done very well on it. That is as long as they didn't change the formula drastically and the dogs continue to do well.
The new Professional Athlete formula is going to be $40 for 40 lb in my neck of the woods. Wish they had some dog food mills out here to cut down on shipping costs. Time to look for another feed.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Commodity prices including fuel have risen dramatically lately. They are all going up.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:16 pm

The new Professional Athlete formula is going to be $40 for 40 lb in my neck of the woods. Wish they had some dog food mills out here to cut down on shipping costs. Time to look for another feed.
Addict
I just called IFA in AF and they are getting 40.55 +tax a bag for Pro Athlete.
I may go back to black gold ultimate sig. series or try Loyall.

Addict

Post by Addict » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Dirtysteve wrote:
Addict
Loyall is looking like it might be worth a try. Their Professional is sold locally for $35 a 50 lb bag. That's a better deal than I was paying for the Professional Athlete. Looks like a few people have had good luck with it so I'll probably give it a try.

I know a big selling point of the Enhance lines were the kcals/cup. Do kcals really matter? Pro Athlete is almost 600 kcals/cup and the Loyall Professional is 387 kcals/cup. Will I have to feed more of the Loyall? Their feeding guidelines are the same, 3 - 3 1/2 cups for 60-80 pd dogs.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 pm

You may have to feed a little more but the only way to know is try it and see what it takes. I never even look at the K/cals as they don't really tell you anything that you need to know. Some will disagree with this but all I want to know is how much it is taking to keep the dog fit, regardless of what the bag says.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 pm

You will probably feed less with Loyall then say Enhance. I'm not sure about all of Arkat's products.
big steve

shets114

Post by shets114 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Every person so far that is mad about the changes with Enhance, the only thing they can state as an issue is the price. For years now everyone has bought the product and said how great a feed it is for the money. Now that there are improvements in the formula and the cost is raised accordingly everyone is up in arms.
So far in most areas, the increase in sales has been drastic. Recently in a Gander Mountain that has carried Enhance for years went from having 25 bags on the floor at a time to 50 to keep up with demand. It's is mainly because the food is performing. We recently had a meeting with all the Pro Staff and sales personell, pro staff and everyone has had nothing but positive praise from those that have acutally tried a bag. The only negatives are from those that haven't even seen a new bag of food but heard about the price difference. The other half have said they will switch and in most cases go to a food that cost more per pound and with a lesser ingredient list or quality control standards.
If you want a great product you usually have to pay more for it. You can't buy a Cadillac for the price of a Kia.

JMO..

NA

Post by NA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 am

With the change in price, I think I am going to give Diamond Chicken and Rice formula a shot. Does anyone have any experience with that feed?

fordman

Post by fordman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:52 pm

yes that is what i went to so far the dogs like it. the price was good to 22.00 for 40# stools are good , give it a try.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Addict wrote:
Dirtysteve wrote:
Addict
Loyall is looking like it might be worth a try. Their Professional is sold locally for $35 a 50 lb bag. That's a better deal than I was paying for the Professional Athlete. Looks like a few people have had good luck with it so I'll probably give it a try.

I know a big selling point of the Enhance lines were the kcals/cup. Do kcals really matter? Pro Athlete is almost 600 kcals/cup and the Loyall Professional is 387 kcals/cup. Will I have to feed more of the Loyall? Their feeding guidelines are the same, 3 - 3 1/2 cups for 60-80 pd dogs.

Actually the way the Loyall is processed I feel my dog are get more Out of the Loyal Performance which on the bag says a 24/20 then they ever did the Pro Athlete of Arkat or pro plan performance for that matter and I am feeding the same amount about 2-3 cups average from the brittanys setters and pointers...Just what I have personally observed
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 pm

I feed Loyall Active Adult, 26/19, which is almost identical to their Performance. My 19 mos old llewellin eats no more than 3 cups a day. I pay less than .70 a lb.. It's more cost effective than most. Another great feed, which costs a bit more, is Nutrisource. There are many good feeds that most dogs will do well on.
big steve