Cert. K9 Nutritionist

northUpland

Cert. K9 Nutritionist

Post by northUpland » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello,

I am new to this site but not new to k9 nutrition and it's relation to sporting breeds. Thought I would drop a line to say hello and introduce myself. I also author a blog for the past 3 years with all topics directed at sporting breed health and fitness. http://www.northupland.blogspot.com If any of you on this forum ever need a second opinion(for free of course) just shoot me an email through the blog. I would be happy to try and help out.

Thanks,

Mark Northup
Certified Canine Nutritionist
Owner, northUpland, llc

big steve46

Re: Cert. K9 Nutritionist

Post by big steve46 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 am

Sounds like a way of selling good but very expensive feed. Also, I wonder who or what organization "certifys" the nutritionist?
big steve

windswept

Post by windswept » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:18 am

Mark,
Thanks for contriibuting. I would also like some info on your certification.
A title like "Certified K9 Nutritionist" can give the impression of authority and I am sure the people on this board would appreciate an opportunity to verify.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 pm

When I googled Certified Canine Nutritionist I found this site.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5700441_become- ... onist.html

AND THIS SITE

http://education-portal.com/articles/On ... ation.html

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 pm

welcome!

Food debates are rampant, so I am sure you'll have opportunity to share opinions. My mom's a nutritionist for people.

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Great questions guys! It is your due dilligence to question this and that is a good sign of concern. My undergraduate studies are from the University of Connecticut. I am currently enrolled in the Companion Animal Sciences Institute, Ottawa Canada "CN" program with expected graduation date of Feb 2012. My initial canine certification was from PETCO University's intensive Nutrition Certification course which I completed and passed Oct 2009. Beyond formal schooling, I was brought up by a family of intense gun dog owners. From my great grandfather down I have been a part of raising, training, and most importantly, hunting over many different breeds of dogs. My passion is what makes me tick. So this is what I do for a living. I am sure there are others out there who know more than I do. I am not a know it all. I just write about what works for me and dogs. I have been fortunate to be around many great dogs dogs and hunters in my life and taken from them a wonderful insight on dogs and living the shooting life.

Hope all is well and best of luck out there.

Mark Northup
www.northupland.blogspot.com

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm

PETCO? Really?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Cajun Casey. Yep. Easy to knock it from the outside looking in at it until you have gone thru it(and passed). It is a professional employment education program that is overly thorough and very challenging.