Enhance Coupons available

shets114

Enhance Coupons available

Post by shets114 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Enhance launched their new website, on the Home page it will scroll through a couple windows. You will find a section for Save on Enhance. You can print off a coupon for $5.00 off you next bag of food.
http://www.enhance3022.com/

Troy08er

Re: Enhance Coupons available

Post by Troy08er » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks for the post.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:02 am

Would be nice to be able to get some locally, I hope they expand there distribution in Illinois, they left out alot of the state.......

fordman

Post by fordman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 am

There website dealer locater does not give me a place in Mi to buy it. The old website worked better.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

They are updating the site some stores may not be listed yet. You can call the customer service number and they can probably help you.

You can probably buy it at just about any store if they deal with Van Denbosch distributing up there. All you have to do is tell the store owne you want it.

Drifter Saver

Post by Drifter Saver » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:58 am

I still struggle with the recent change. I used to purchase 50 pounds bags of hunters edge for $24.50 and now a 40 pound bag is $27 (for Basic). That goes from approximately $0.50 per pound to $0.68 per pound...or a 26% increase in feeding cost. I still have about half a pallet left from my last purchase, but I am currently looking into other options. If you are only feeding one or two dogs, this might not be a significant change, but it is for me.
If its not a bird dog, it's just a dog!

bphelps56

Post by bphelps56 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Same for me as Drifter Saver, only I was paying $20.00 per bag for Hunters Edge. I still have several bags on a pallet, but I am also looking for a replacement food.
Bill Phelps
Hidden Creek Kennels
Llewellin Setters
Somerset, KY
hiddencreekkennels@hotmail.com
http://www.hiddencreekkennel.com

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:15 am

Here is for the most part what we hear on the road.

I switched to a cheaper formula and I am feeding more therefore costing me the same as what I had.

I switched and now it's hunting season and my dogs are not holding weight any longer.

I switched and my dogs coat doesn't look as nice.

I switched to another product and now they have raised their prices twice this year alone.

If you are a trainer and the price per bag went up even $10.00. You are in a business to provide a service to a customer, if your costs go up as with any business you should be able to raise your prices also. So if a dog is being fed a quality product and is going through a bag a month that is an additional $10.00 a month you could charge your customer.

Now as a customer and I am happy with you as a trainer and trust you with my dog for extended periods of time I am going to have the faith that you are training my dog and feeding my dog the best available product and you know what is best for my dog. if as a customer I can't afford an additional $10.00 a month For a quality trainer who knows what is best for my dog than I need to seriously consider why I am sending my dog out anyway.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 am

Drifter Saver wrote:I still struggle with the recent change. I used to purchase 50 pounds bags of hunters edge for $24.50 and now a 40 pound bag is $27 (for Basic). That goes from approximately $0.50 per pound to $0.68 per pound...or a 26% increase in feeding cost. I still have about half a pallet left from my last purchase, but I am currently looking into other options. If you are only feeding one or two dogs, this might not be a significant change, but it is for me.
Drift saver the basic formula Is a 42# bag. The cost per pound would be $0.64 per pound.

Commodity prices alone have exceeded the price differences in most dog foods not to mention Gas prices.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Question: How many cups of this food are/were the pointer guys using?

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 pm

My 55# eng pointer gets 2 cups almost year round Pro Athlete

My buddies 45# German shorthair uses a little less than 2 cups

Numerous pointer guys that I deal with use somewhere between 2-3 cups depending on the dog

Field trial pro lab guys I see use between 3-4 cups.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:10 pm

I feed 3 1/3 cup, cut down from 4 1/2 (when changed feed)

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:12 pm

shets114 wrote:My 55# eng pointer gets 2 cups almost year round Pro Athlete

My buddies 45# German shorthair uses a little less than 2 cups

Numerous pointer guys that I deal with use somewhere between 2-3 cups depending on the dog

Field trial pro lab guys I see use between 3-4 cups.
That's what you would expect from a better quality food. I know a Spin breeder in PA that is a dealer that feeds similar amounts. It doesn't seen expensive at all. 40lbs of that is 53 days of food @ 3 cups you won't get that kind of economy from Pro Plan.

dan v

Post by dan v » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:12 pm

mcbosco wrote:Question: How many cups of this food are/were the pointer guys using?
That kind of a nebulous question don't think? It would imagine that amount fed varies depending on the caloric requirements. Off season, just kinda loafing....run up to season ie: vigorous conditioning schedule...and then season, whether hunting alot or FT'ing/eventing.

The dog in my avatar does just fine on 2-3 cups (measured) in the off season...but he may need upwards of 6 cups when active in hunting or eventing. Pro Plan Perf..which he is migrating away from.
Dan

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:16 pm

It isn't nebulous at all. It was left open to different times of the year.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 pm

mcbosco wrote:It isn't nebulous at all. It was left open to different times of the year.
How many cups someone feeds there dog says absolutely nothing about the feed and little about the dog or the owner. Since mthere is unlimited variables that we have no knowledge of how could you tell anything. For any of us on a forum like this try to tell people what feeds are better is misleading at best and a complete waste of time. As pointed out activity level is ignore, kenneling conditions is ignored, tempeture is ignored, size of the dog is ignored, the dogs metabolism is ignored, the condition the owner is trying to keep the dog at is ignored, the size of the cup is ignored, the size of the kibble is ignored, the caloric content is ignored, and you can't tell the quality of the feed by asking what might be considered a dumb question, and it is too bad that anyone feels the need to tell all of us what is the best feed on the market everytime a thread comes up when the poster didn't even ask..

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Just back from fishing. Ezzy you are about 20 years behind the times but don't realize it. In a general but still very applicable way, cups do matter because nearly all food weighs about 4 ounces per 8 ounce cup by volume.

I am sorry I offend you so with my city slicker, northeastern ways but I have put the sharpest pencil to this over the past 20 years and figured out guys like you just like to blow smoke up people's rears and wax poetic about using cheap and inferior products.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:48 pm

mcbosco wrote:Just back from fishing. Ezzy you are about 20 years behind the times but don't realize it. In a general but still very applicable way, cups do matter because nearly all food weighs about 4 ounces per 8 ounce cup by volume.

I am sorry I offend you so with my city slicker, northeastern ways but I have put the sharpest pencil to this over the past 20 years and figured out guys like you just like to blow smoke up people's rears and wax poetic about using cheap and inferior products.
Sal, you don't offend me in the least. I just like to insist on people listing facts as facts ans not personal opinions. Kind of been a rule since this all began. Nothing wrong with you sating your opinion or feeding whatever you like as I have said before. But it is wrong to get personally abusive when someone calls you on it and points out why you can't tell us what are the best feeds. And neither can anybody else on here. Same goes for medications. You can have your preferences but there always circumstances that make every situation unigue to it self.

Thanks for the waxing poetic, never knew I could do that. But I admit I do like to use cheap products that do the job even if they are inferior again,in your opinion.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

volraider

Post by volraider » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:40 pm

It doesn't matter the brand as long as your dog does good on it. I feed sportmix 24/20 and the dogs do great. I pay $21 for a 50lb bag.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 pm

I feed sportmix 24/20 aswell have for over a yr & dogs do well on it 9 of them $24.99 50lbs here.I might switch to Loyall if TSC starts keeping enough in stock.