Is this common with Brits?

isonychia

Is this common with Brits?

Post by isonychia » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

My brittany has finally calmed down a touch, only during the daytime though. He is about 6 months old now and during the day, he mostly just lays around. I was thinking maybe he was bored so I went out and got him some new toys, he played for a bit and then went right back to the couch to sleep. Come dusk, he mutates into an energy ball. This will be great when I am gone at work, but it doesn't seem normal for a brittany. I am used to him always being crazy... ALWAYS. Is it normal for him to be calming down a little bit at 6 months? If people come over or we go on a walk he perks right up. It sure is nice, but again... is it normal? Any other brit folks? Just had some recent blood work done and his lymphocytes (white blood cells) came back ever so slightly high, the vet said it was nothing clinically significant though... just some additional information.

Kiki's Mom

Re: Is this common with Brits?

Post by Kiki's Mom » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Yes, as he matures a bit and settles into a regular routine this is quite normal. My dogs tend to sleep most of the day and come alive after work:) All is well.....no worries. Routine,routine, routine makes for a quiet contented puppy, most of the time.
Where did your boy come from? Tell us more bout how you and he have come to be together!