sudden seperation anxiety

Danro

sudden seperation anxiety

Post by Danro » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm

I have a 6 year old britt who just over the last couple of days has begun showing crazy seperation anxiety. Everyday I put him away while I go to classes, just three or four hours usually, and up till this week, it was never a problem. These last few days though he has whined and barked and I return home and he's still barking. He also left two huge, unholy piles of poop these last two days. No changes in feeding, I'm still running him a few miles every day, virtually nothing has changed. Also, when I get home and let him out he's really on edge, tightly wound, barking at birds in the sky, the whole deal. I'm totally stumped so if anyone can help that'd be great.
Thanks
Dan
"They asked, and He brought quail...."
Psalm 105:40

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: sudden seperation anxiety

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:14 pm

If there really is nothing changed in your/his life or environment, I would rule out a health problem with your vet.

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm

If there really is nothing changed in your/his life or environment, I would rule out a health problem with your vet.
Ditto. You haven't added a second dog right? (Roommates dog, etc)

Danro

Post by Danro » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 pm

He was around a new dog last weekend for a couple of days but not now. Thats it though. He ran pretty well today, ate all his dinner, acting fine now, doesnt seem sick at all. Obviously I'll have to wait a few more days to see if it keeps up before spending money at the vet. I guess i'll just try to run him into the ground in the morning before I leave, get him to sleep while I'm gone.
"They asked, and He brought quail...."
Psalm 105:40

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:32 pm

If you cannot figure out what might be going on to make him behave this way- it is absolutely worth a trip to the vet to see if something physical is going on.