What Do You Feed?

Red

Re: What Do You Feed?

Post by Red » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Red, you see Blue Seal where you live, right?
Nope, don't think I ever have...
Earth First, We Can Hunt The Rest Of The Planets Later.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Red wrote:
Blue Seal was just a small local company in the east. There was already feeds being markted in the midwest as Blue Seal from years ago. Think I still have some of their bags and other farm supply products with their label.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Red wrote:

As Ezzy said, Blue Seal is a New Hampshire based feed company that sells from Maine down to the lower Mid-Atlantic coast. It had been independent for decades until Kent scooped it up. It still has a big manufacturing presence in New Hampshire. New Jersey is a big market and the feeds are still hugely popular here. The Pork & Barley formula is probably the most popular dog food in my area.

Always a well liked company with a ubiquitous presence and BIG BLUE logo in farmy towns. Good products generally. The dog foods are quite good for the money. The company started a fancy line before Kent bought it called By Nature, which are high priced foods.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:25 pm

mcbosco, I would certainly not want anyone to think that PPP was the be all and end all for everyone to feed. There could easily be better value for folks elsewhere. But to intimate that any particular normally healthy dog would be killed by feeding it is ridiculous - bordering on insanity. Personally I believe that PPPerformance is more feed calories than the vast majority of dogs would ever need to be fed. Most folks who thing they have active, hard working dogs don't really know what those terms mean in the context of a performance dog.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm

slistoe wrote:mcbosco, I would certainly not want anyone to think that PPP was the be all and end all for everyone to feed. There could easily be better value for folks elsewhere. But to intimate that any particular normally healthy dog would be killed by feeding it is ridiculous - bordering on insanity. Personally I believe that PPPerformance is more feed calories than the vast majority of dogs would ever need to be fed. Most folks who thing they have active, hard working dogs don't really know what those terms mean in the context of a performance dog.
Well I can't disagree with what you say. I guess where I live I have more choices than other folks, so it is easier to do those comparisons.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

slistoe wrote:mcbosco, I would certainly not want anyone to think that PPP was the be all and end all for everyone to feed. There could easily be better value for folks elsewhere. But to intimate that any particular normally healthy dog would be killed by feeding it is ridiculous - bordering on insanity. Personally I believe that PPPerformance is more feed calories than the vast majority of dogs would ever need to be fed. Most folks who thing they have active, hard working dogs don't really know what those terms mean in the context of a performance dog.
slistoe, dont take bits of an entire post and take them out of context..i NEVER said a normally healthy dog would be killed by feeding proplan, that comment is bordering on insanity..you have obviously not read my post with a clear understanding to make that comment..i was commenting in regards to MY PARTICULAR DOG with the issues he has, and yes i say again if he was regularly fed proplan or any other feed with the ingredients he has shown allergies to his health would deteriorate to the point he would either die or have to be put down..please do not take something from my post and turn it into something else.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

INbeagles

Post by INbeagles » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:15 pm

There is no perfect dog food, so I rotate among the better ones I can find and afford. I avoid chicken forumulas for anything I am going to breed. I have found that doing this has improved my litter size and conception rates.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:37 pm

INbeagles wrote:There is no perfect dog food, so I rotate among the better ones I can find and afford. I avoid chicken forumulas for anything I am going to breed. I have found that doing this has improved my litter size and conception rates.
I have never seen or heard of this before. What kind of tests did you run? Would love to see the results.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
INbeagles wrote:There is no perfect dog food, so I rotate among the better ones I can find and afford. I avoid chicken forumulas for anything I am going to breed. I have found that doing this has improved my litter size and conception rates.
I have never seen or heard of this before. What kind of tests did you run? Would love to see the results.

Ezzy
Would be interesting to find out also as I found when I went to the Loyall feed which is a chicken based by whelp weights went up and my average puppy weight is 11-12 ounces and last litter was 9 pups smallest was 10 and largest was 14+ oz..Maybe I am mistaken but I thought that was a healthy sized litter with healthy sized pups
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 pm

3 dogs on Lifes Abundance for over 2 years. No loose stools or allergies, Not as expensive as the vets foods and delivered to your door.

mobeasto123

Post by mobeasto123 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm new on Loyall performance 3 months or so.. By my trainer recommandation and some of you of GDF... By now I'm really please with it, My dog is doing fine, stools are great are the coat shiny.. So I guess this is fine.. And for the price I think it worth every penny of it..

David
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!