American Natural Premium

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

American Natural Premium

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 pm

For the folks in the midwest, this looks like quite a nice food. It doesn't read like a $.75lb food that's for sure.

http://americannaturalpremium.com/index.html

http://americannaturalpremium.com/ANPendurance.html

Chaingang

Re: American Natural Premium

Post by Chaingang » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 pm

An Old thread but I just started using this food a couple weeks ago. $10 cheaper per 40# bag ($35.99) than the Native I was feeding and ingredients look good. Several different formula's including an Endurance Plus formula for working/sporting breeds. Made in Wisconsin.

New link as the old one MCBosco provided no longer works: http://americannaturalpremium.com/

So far so good, I like........

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 pm

ANP is one of those super small regional brands that makes an unbelieveable top notch performance 30/20 kibble and who either doesn't realize or doesn't care that they should be charging a heck of a lot more for it!!! Gotta love 'em for that though! Black bag Endurance formula is legit.

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm trying my first bag and it's their original formula as they didn't have the Endurance Plus in stock. Not sure I will need the 30/20 and I agree about the great price for what seems to be a great feed. Hope the price stays down.....

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm

The other APN formulas are equally high quaility so it's a nice choice for your wallet and your dog's health!

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm glad I happened upon it. I was at my usual place to get more dog food and I asked the owner about something equivalent to Native but cheaper and after discussing some possible choices he mentioned ANP. Smaller company (which may be a good thing) and somewhat local. I know ingredients don't always tell the whole story, but ANP looks very good. Anyway I'm only a ¼ the way through the bag and so far dog appears to do great on it.

I hope they eventually expand their distribution network or possibly make it available for someone to have it shipped. I know a several people that would love to be able to try it, but are a long way from any retail store that sells.

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Chaingang, If down the road you can get chance to feed 30/20 ANP I might suggest switching to it if your dog(s) has done well on the original formula. Bumping up the protein/fat/caloric content would help you ration less per feeding and help out even more on your wallet. For what I can see from retailers, all ofthe ANP formulas are around the same price point(which is strange but true). Good luck with everything. -Mark