Seizure?

kygrousehunter

Seizure?

Post by kygrousehunter » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:28 pm

Been off line for a while with computer problems, but finaly back on line. Just thought I'd put this out there for opinions. This morning when I left, my GSP, Abbey, was laying on the couch. She didn't follow me to the door as usual which I thought was a little odd. My wife called about thirty minutes later and said Abbey appeared to be having a seizure. I envisioned a seizure as convulsion jerking type behaviour, but it was not. She would just fall over when she tried to stand. Her hind end was some what tucked under with her hind feet pointed outward. Similar to what I would call pegion toed. Before I could get her to the vet, she appeared to be okay, other than somewhat scared acting as though she was in trouble for bad behaviour. The vet did an ekg and blood work and is going to call me tomorrow. Just wandering if anyone else on here has had a simalar occurance.
Thanks

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:44 pm

hope it works out. no one likes to see a dog down.

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:13 am

I hope everything is ok and it's nothing serious for Abbey. Keep us posted.

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 am

hope she gets better .... keep us posted!

kygrousehunter

Post by kygrousehunter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:42 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Heard from the vet today and all the bloodwork looks good. He wants to do a more in depth ekg. At this point it would appear to be heart or brain related. Good news is she has been fine since the episode yesterday morning.

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm

I am glad to hear that. Wishing for a easy fix for Abbey.

kygrousehunter

Post by kygrousehunter » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Had her at the cabin this weekend, she ran, played, and was in the pond. No problems. It sure was a scary experience thursday.