chronic nasal discharge

ktn

chronic nasal discharge

Post by ktn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:37 pm

I need help with this problem.

I was hunting in SD with my 3 yo Britt last Sept. When we returned he began to sneeze a lot of crap from the nose.

After 2 mos of vet visits and antibiotics he was scoped. They said foreign body, or plant material, tried to flush out 2 times, under anesthesia, no help.

In Jan, he underwent open nasal surgery, the whole left side. He got better after 8 more weeks of 2 kinds of antibiotics. Now he's getting worse again. Today, I noticed that he seemed to sneeze his dog food out of his nose..... really strange. Most of the time the discharge is greenish, thick mucus, and lots of it. He is an indoor dog but I can't keep him inside because he trashes any area he's in.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be. Three different vets have been no help. I've spent about 5 thousand bucks so far, it's been 7 months and I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated, thanks, Kevin Nini.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:28 pm

Wow, that's a tough first post to make. First of all, welcome. Secondly, I haven't had any experience with what you're describing but you reach a lot of people from all over the nation when you post here so chances are that someone will have some insight. For now, though, all I can say is that I hope your situation gets better soon!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Casper

Post by Casper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:41 pm

Just a thought but have you contacted one of the major universitys? I can t think of the name of the one I here most of.