Weird question.

deke

Weird question.

Post by deke » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 am

Last night my dog ran through a barbed wire fence. He ended up puncturing his penis area, I say area because i am not sure if it just got the skin or made it all the way through. It bled bad for about a minute then stopped. We rinsed him off and put some antiseptic cream on him last night and this morning. Is there anything else we should be doing. We are already taking him to the vet tonight, Just wondering if anyone else has had this wonderful expirience?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Weird question.

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 am

Now that's an unlucky dog. :wink: Sounds like you have done all the right things. The vet may put him on antibiotics just to be safe.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 am

I do know of a dog that had a pretty bad happening where he was refered to as the bobbitt dog after he the a 1/4th of an inch off complete severe of the manhood.
So being where it is and the moisture content it might not be a bad idea to getting some antibiotics for the just for good measure and keep it super clean ..So I would call my vet for the look over just to be safe
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

High Voltage

Post by High Voltage » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 am

One of our males did out hunting one winter. I could not figure out what the drops of blood I was seeing in the snow were from, we had 3 dogs down & they all seemed fine. After hunting for a couple of hours I noticed it when he was loaded in his crate. It had gone through the very tip of his penis and didn't seem to faze him. We just put triple-antibiotic on it and watched it, it healed fine. Hope yours is just a flesh wound too!

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm

One thing to look for is to massage the penis out of the sheath. While the penis is in the sheath it wont bleed, and you cannot tell if the penis is cut/torn if you dont get it out to look at.

I had a pup years ago that actually stuck a locust tree needle through the sheath AND hit a artery in the penis! You wouldnt have ever known until he started humping on the other dogs. When he would get that out it would shoot blood everywhere! Took 3 stitches and had to put him under for the procedure.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm

High Voltage wrote:One of our males did out hunting one winter. I could not figure out what the drops of blood I was seeing in the snow were from, we had 3 dogs down & they all seemed fine. After hunting for a couple of hours I noticed it when he was loaded in his crate. It had gone through the very tip of his penis and didn't seem to faze him. We just put triple-antibiotic on it and watched it, it healed fine. Hope yours is just a flesh wound too!
Keep going even though a sensitive area is cut? Now that's the definition of desire.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

deke

Post by deke » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Topher,

I love my dog, but not that much. Ill take him to the vet.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:29 pm

deke wrote:Topher,

I love my dog, but not that much. Ill take him to the vet.
ROFLMBO