gardeners beware!

sudiegirl

gardeners beware!

Post by sudiegirl » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:47 am

with spring and summer coming up.... and gardeners putting out fresh plants and mulch.... my mom was kind enough to send me this link this morning.... and for once she seems to have forwarded something that is real!
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp

Grey Ghost

Re: gardeners beware!

Post by Grey Ghost » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:40 am

sudiegirl wrote:and for once she seems to have forwarded something that is real!
:D I know the feeling :D

Just got the same e-mail from my mother. Hershey's claim that most dogs wont eat it seems outrageous. I can't imagine a dog that wouldn't chew on a chocolate flavored stick. :roll:

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:36 pm

or eat chocolate powder out of their favorite digging place..... the newly tilled garden or flower bed!!
WHAT were they smoking when they manufactured that crap?!!

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Who knows, but it's easy to see what they weren't thinking about: households with dogs.

Granted, this type of mulch has a market somewhere. Not a very large one, but it's a unique item that probably smells better than other mulches (though, I actually like the smell of cedar). The QC guys should have slapped a warning right on the bag though.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

djswizz

Post by djswizz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm

Good read! I am picking up mulch this weekend in fact and I think God put it on me to look at this thread. Thanks again.