Black Gold?

Dillier23

Black Gold?

Post by Dillier23 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:05 am

HI,
This is more of an opinion poll rather than a question. I am thinking of switching brands of dog food in two of my stores. Right now we have sportmix in stock, but was thinking of changing to Black Gold. If any of you feed it or have fed it please post your opinion of the quality of food it is. Thanks for your time.

pear

Post by pear » Tue May 09, 2006 8:17 am

I can't say anything against Sportmix, but I can speak for Black Gold. Don't feed it because it's not that easy to get here, but it is a fine food. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Addict

Post by Addict » Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 am

Been feeding it for a year and love it. I go through two bags a month.

Addict

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Tue May 09, 2006 12:17 pm

I haven't seen or used Black and Gold (even though I would think it would go well here in Iowa Hawkeye country), but I have used sportmix for over 2 years and love it! So my opinion would be to stay with sportmix unless there are other factors influencing you to make a change.

HUTCH

Post by HUTCH » Tue May 09, 2006 1:21 pm

I have been feeding black gold for about 6 months now and I really like it. my dogs have much more energy and look better. I just finished the pallet I bought of it and am going to try arkat because I can get it really cheap. but blak gold was good.

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Tue May 09, 2006 9:18 pm

I've been using Blackgold for about 2 years. I think it is a great food. I am feeding a 12 & 3 year old GSP and they both seem to be very healthy. I am trying their signature series right now and am really impressed with the results. Amazing how little I am having to feed to keep the dogs in 'tip top' shape. Good luck!

Nitrex

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:40 pm

I've been using Balck Gold for a little over a year and love it.
The factory is in southwest MO so getting it shipped to IL shoudln't be difficult.

djswizz

Post by djswizz » Fri May 12, 2006 1:05 pm

I just switched (about 3 weeks ago now) and Guinness just shines... everyone asks what I do to make his coat so nice... Plus, he has reduced his waste to half of what he used to put out. In addition, his energy is high, he farts a lot less and they don't smell so bad (haha) and he looks like he's on roids because his muscles seem to be popping out more. I will never switch foods until he passes on. It's also SUPER CHEAP compared to store brands. More bang for the buck with this product.

TAK

Re: Black Gold?

Post by TAK » Sun May 14, 2006 9:22 am

Dillier23 wrote:HI,
This is more of an opinion poll rather than a question. I am thinking of switching brands of dog food in two of my stores. Right now we have sportmix in stock, but was thinking of changing to Black Gold. If any of you feed it or have fed it please post your opinion of the quality of food it is. Thanks for your time.
BG is one of the better foods I have feed. I know that the owners of BG are dog people and want to put out the best they can. Give them a call and I would almost beat a bag of Red that John the owner answers the phone. Be prepaired to talk "Dog."

bphelps56

Post by bphelps56 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:17 pm

I have been feeding Black Gold for about 3 months. Previously fed Diamond for years. I have been feeding the 26/18 Performance Blend (Black Bag) to my three adult Llewellin Setters and they are doing a lot better on this food than they did on the green bag Diamond. I have three Llewellin Setter pups that are 7 months old that were started on Eukanuba puppy and I have switched them over to the Black Gold Signature Series Ulitmate Performance 31/21. The coats on these pups are absolutely fantastic and their energy level is very high. I highly recommend the Black Gold Signature Series Ulitmate Performance 31/21.

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 pm

Dillier23 my Brittany Rocket came from up near where you live, he came from West Union, IL.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 pm

Love it. I switched from Diamond when the food issue came out and I really like it. The Differences I see are in the quality of coat and the stools are a lot less.

Lvrgsp :lol: