tick problem

Croix

tick problem

Post by Croix » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:23 pm

After removing numerous woodticks and deerticks from my dog this weekend, I came across a problem. It seems the head of one broke off in dog.
Is this, can this become a problem. Or should I just monitor the area for infection??

Thanks in advance.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: tick problem

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm

dog will be ok, had that happen many times, worst case dog might get a bump there, they get over it.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:55 am

Advantix - kills the ticks as they land. Not one gets a chance to burrow. Don't forget to check yourself thoroughly too.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

helpful_cub

Post by helpful_cub » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Adams works well to kill before they dig also. It only lasts about 9-days but it also kills on contact so its handy for cleaning up and you can just spray it on.

http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Flea-Tick-M ... B00063KN08

Oddly enough, I also use it on my goats before sending them into thick shrubs full of ticks.

Croix

Post by Croix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks for all the ideas. I have been using frontline, whick kills them after they dig in.

Again thanks.

Cjaus
Location: Dorset. Moving home to Yorkshire in October! England

Post by Cjaus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:58 am

birddog1968 wrote:dog will be ok, had that happen many times, worst case dog might get a bump there, they get over it.
Agreed....give it a couple of days, the head will dry out and you should be able to pull it out with a set of tweezers :wink:
ImageImageImage