Unsure what to do

Ranger351

Unsure what to do

Post by Ranger351 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:52 am

Been feeding diamond ea and really like it but the chain of stores (pet club) that carry it near me seem to be very unreliable on stocking it. Asked about it at several locations and get told we either have it or we dont. I'm considering switching foods so I can just buy elsewhere with reliability.

Buckeye_V

Re: Unsure what to do

Post by Buckeye_V » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 am

I think our local Tractor Supply sells it. Do you have those out there?
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:05 am

That is not unsual at conventional pet stores because not many people uses the performance blends. I guess you just have to stay on top of ordering, or switch. Does that store carry Earthborn Primitive? Per lb it is not much more than EA.

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:19 am

Does that store carry Earthborn Primitive?
I started using this with my hard keeper GSP about 9 months ago. I am very happy with this food. He looks great and I do not have to feed much to maintain his weight. He ranges from 62-64# and eats between 2-3 cups/day.

I bought it last at doggiefood.com for 39.99/bag, free shipping and no tax. Very happy with this product.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:29 am

Loyall Performance is a very good food also...it is what we feed our trial dog and young active dogs http://www.loyallpetfood.com/loyall/en/index.jsp there is a locator on there which feed stores carry it..I have had much better over all results with it then diamond
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

Funny how that works, we had the whole kennel on Loyall and swithed to diamond with much better results :? :)

I am guessing you've already used the website dealer locator Ranger, there are about 20 dealers in Mesa.....
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ekoog82

Post by ekoog82 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah, I would check TSC in your area. I dont feed that but they have it every time I go in.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 pm

ekoog82 wrote:Yeah, I would check TSC in your area. I dont feed that but they have it every time I go in.
Wish we had TSC here :cry:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Feed stores around me handle Diamond. Tractor Supply also. If you have feed mills around you try them

gsp3333

Post by gsp3333 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Not real easy to find all the Diamond products on the West Coast yet. Looks like more people are starting to realize it's a good product for a good price.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Funny how that works, we had the whole kennel on Loyall and swithed to diamond with much better results :? :)

I am guessing you've already used the website dealer locator Ranger, there are about 20 dealers in Mesa.....

Which Loyall were you feeding and for how long? Also, which diamond did you switch to?
big steve

kumate

Post by kumate » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

I have also been using the earthborn primitive from Doggiefood.com for my gsp he is 50 lb and uses 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups daily

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Loyall Performance is a very good food also...it is what we feed our trial dog and young active dogs http://www.loyallpetfood.com/loyall/en/index.jsp there is a locator on there which feed stores carry it..I have had much better over all results with it then diamond
I can't find the performance locally, but I switched to their active and really like it, dogs look better, seem to crap less.

As far as buying feed, I've always had better luck with service and stock at locally owned places.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...