Sudden Bladder issues

mcclinj

Sudden Bladder issues

Post by mcclinj » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:29 pm

For the past two weeks or so, my 1 year old female GSP has began peeing her crate during the day while my wife and I are gone. She's left 8 hours two days a week and maybe a total of 5 the other weekdays. This is not any different than she has been for the past 6 months - year. She has also started whining for me to take her out in the middle of the night, which she hasn't done since she was a small puppy. Incidentally, these bladder issues began occurring at approximately the same time we moved into a new home.

Are there any other symptoms of a UTI I should be looking for other than an increased urination? Also, she has yet to have her first heat cycle, but she has started licking alot, getting really clingy and shedding alot....there is no swelling started as of yet.

I'd like to think its just being in her crate for an extended time, but its never caused her to pee her crate before?

-John

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Sudden Bladder issues

Post by Sharon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Increased urination , lack of control , change in habits is the only symptom.

Females often get a UTI as their open private part sits on the ground etc.

See the vet . Antibiotic needed.
Last edited by Sharon on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:18 pm

my female GSP did exactly what you explain besides the peeing in the crate but i think she didnt do that because i work from home so she wasnt in it much in the day therefore she was able to go out ALOT..she started all of a sudden wanting to go out at 2am every night which she had been sleeping all night months before..she did this for about 2 months :| then finally went into heat and it got worse for about a week, she would lick, lick, lick constantly and pee every hour on the hour in the daytime.. she then went back to normal and the peeing and licking subsided when her bleeding slowed down..not saying chloe dont have a UTI but it may be a heat cycle beginning also..if you want to rule out the UTI bring her to the vet for a urine test for peace of mind, good luck and post some pics i havent seen her in a while :D ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 pm

uti's are common at the end of a heat cycle as well...she might have a few things going on...as Sharon said the open plumbing predisposes females and the inflammation during a cycle doesn't help..vet time

make sure she always has access to water and change it frequently

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

mcbosco wrote:uti's are common at the end of a heat cycle as well...she might have a few things going on...as Sharon said the open plumbing predisposes females and the inflammation during a cycle doesn't help..vet time

make sure she always has access to water and change it frequently

You said it much better. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 am

has her water consumption increased?? if so, then a vet visit would be a good idea. if not, then i would say sharon, ruth, and mcbosco have it pegged.