Ate Turkey Beard

TNovoa

Ate Turkey Beard

Post by TNovoa » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:08 pm

This morning what I thought was grass hanging out of my 1-year-old's mouth was actually the last remaining strands of my husband's spring turkey beard.

Like anyone will know the answer to this:

Will this digest/pass? I will watch her closely to make sure she's going potty ok. She's been finicky about eating everything but that nasty turkey thing must have tasted good! UGH :?

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:15 pm

Will it digest with which? Your husband or the dog? (I couldn't resist).

All kidding aside it will likely pass through, however watch the stools carefully for regularity, consistancy and for portions of the beard. If you notice any change particularly in volume or regularity over the next say 24 to 36 hours a visit to the Vet probably is in order for an xray to see where it might have lodged (if it did). Depending on how completely it was chewed up you might never see remnants in the stools; that is why I suggested you keep tuned into regularity and volume. Don't worry too much....my GSP has a steady diet of "sticks de jour" with no problems, but since the availability of sticks is greater than my time to monitor her, I do watch the above items every day.

LSK

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:36 pm

Its just a few strands of feathers. Bet the dog has eaten a whole lot worse things.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:57 am

From MASH episode where Klinger was eating a Jeep and the Col. said "This too shall pass".

Best regards,

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:58 pm

I wouldn't worry to much.... Hair shouldn't be to hard to digest. I'm sure your dog has ingested much worse.

Trouble is, you now will have a full blown Turkey dog! :roll: :lol: :wink:

Phil

rosiesdad

Post by rosiesdad » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:21 pm

A couple of tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (household/dog first aid kit) will make a dog puke pronto.
Mine ate a whole lower pheasant leg/claw. Less than 30 seconds it was tossed up.
Probably not much left after the big poo job.. Sorry to hear the trophy got ate..
Only two seasons, bird season and getting ready for bird season

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:57 am

For a short hair, it must be a very smart dog because it was probably eating the long turkey hair hoping to grow longer hair so it could be pretty like a Setter.
big steve