Frontline

nowicki2005

Frontline

Post by nowicki2005 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:59 am

Where do some of you buy your frontline? Are there any discounted places online?

Angus

Re: Frontline

Post by Angus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:26 am

I pick mine up from our vet. He is the cheapest I could find including mail order places. The prices have gone up this year, but what hasn't gone up in price. I buy a year supply in the spring. Buy 6 get 2 free so I got 16 for the price of 12 from the vet.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:55 am

The generic is much cheaper. One is called FiproGuard.

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 am

Walmart is selling a "knock off" called Pet Armour, supposedly the same formula as Frontline.

Tried it last season seemed to work. $27 vs $45 for Frontline from the vet.

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:36 pm

We buy the Harts brand for our gsp's. We live in south Louisiana which is mosquito city and it works great for us. We squeeze a tube on our dogs about every 2.5 months.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 am

I only by it when its on sale. Then I stock up for the year. A trick I learned is to buy the large size 89-132 lbs. Then split the dose on my two dogs one weighs 70# the other 62#. If you have a friend with a dog set up a monthly time to apply. 1/2 price in my book.

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Angus wrote:I pick mine up from our vet. He is the cheapest I could find including mail order places. The prices have gone up this year, but what hasn't gone up in price. I buy a year supply in the spring. Buy 6 get 2 free so I got 16 for the price of 12 from the vet.
We get the same deal with Certifect and Frontline from our vet.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Haven't heard any prices mentioned yet, I beleive this week Menard has 3 doses for $35, which is about $3 their normal price

volraider

Post by volraider » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:06 pm

You guys need to read the post on Ivomectin. The stuff works for ticks and fleas plus it guards against heart worms. $32 for a bottle that will last you 3 or 4 years.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 am

my opinion on frontline is that it just isnt as effective as it once was, for fleas or ticks. i am a firm believer that many populations of fleas and ticks are exhibiting resistance to fipronil. I have seen it with my own dogs. However, i do still have some clients that say it works for them, and i believe them, but the majority arent happy with it anymore. but, as long as its working for you, then i say keep using it. jmho

ivomec will kill fleas and ticks, but it doesnt do anything for prevention. the other thing about ivomec is that to my knowledge, it doesnt last in their system like the other things do. so there is potential for infestation between treatments.

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Are there any issues with Frontline or Ivomectin in regards to a bitch that's about to be bred. I wanted to apply something this weekend and my female went into heat today and will most likely be bred in just over a week. I want to make sure she's protected but I don't want to do anything that would be detrimental to the new pups....

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Nebraska wrote:Are there any issues with Frontline or Ivomectin in regards to a bitch that's about to be bred. I wanted to apply something this weekend and my female went into heat today and will most likely be bred in just over a week. I want to make sure she's protected but I don't want to do anything that would be detrimental to the new pups....

I don't know, Nebraska, but if you bought these products from your vet, you could ask him.

This is not where I personally (as a two-dog owner) want to try to save money for a number of reasons, this being one.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Nebraska wrote:Are there any issues with Frontline or Ivomectin in regards to a bitch that's about to be bred. I wanted to apply something this weekend and my female went into heat today and will most likely be bred in just over a week. I want to make sure she's protected but I don't want to do anything that would be detrimental to the new pups....
To my knowledge you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 am

If they made one product cheap that lasted 6 months they would not make any money !
And
It would be bad for the dogs if to strong, get the real deal with amitraz dilute it yourself and apply as needed does the tric cheapest and you can even spray tbeir beds etc.