Trifexis

Deets

Trifexis

Post by Deets » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I am moving to Oklahoma from Colorado in a few months. I will have to start treating for heartworm and fleas. Has anyone had experince with Trifexis? My parents suggested it. Apparently it protects against heart worm, roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms and kills fleas.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Trifexis

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 pm

My clients like it and it's usually what we recommend although, at around $100 for a six month supply, it is a big up front cost. You will need an additional product for ticks, which are about to carry us off already. I use and recommend the Preventic collar.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 am

I use it on my dogs and have been very happy with it. It does have about 2 weeks of effectiveness against ticks, but not the whole 30 days, so thats why it doesnt carry the label for ticks. I agree with casey, add a preventic collar to it and you should be set.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 am

I have been giving 1,000 - 1,500 mcgs of ivermectin once a month for two years now and except for a coouple Jan-March ticks, when I am not giving the Ivermectin, I haven't seen either a flea or tick.

In Spring and Fall, I probably will still use the generic Frontline.

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 am

I use it and have had no problems.

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 am

While sitting in the waiting room at the vet last week, I believe I heard the vet tech tell a woman who came in for flea /tick that the office had switched from Vectra 3D to Trifexis (unless there is another medication that sounds very similiar). She said it was effective against both fleas and ticks. Obviously not disagreeing with you Dog Dr, merely wondering if it has been found to be more effective than previously thought?

I take my pup to the vet again next week for a lyme and lepto booster so I'll ask for a clarification and report back.

-John