When you raise puppies

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:12 pm

We do. We vaccinate at 5-7-9-12 weeks.
brenda

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:37 pm

I vaccinate my own pups, not so much to save money, but more so that I know just exactly what my pups are getting...I am able to choose what brand, vaccination etc. to give them.

I don't give my pups their 1st vaccination until they are at least 8 weeks old, and then every 4 weeks. Reason being because the natural immunities from Mom are still with the pups unil they are at least 8-14 weeks of age. Maternal immunity will neutrulize the vaccine and little protection will be produced (0-38%) from the vaccine. Vaccines given every 2 weeks actually suppresse the immune system rather than stimulate it. A series of vaccines are suggested for my pups every 4 weeks with the final dose given around 1year/4 months of age...at that time, I recommend at the very least that they be revaccinated in 5 years as the vaccines stay active in a system for at least that long.

TheHooch

Post by TheHooch » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:48 am

I had always given my own shots until I got into Goldens. They are such a parculiar group that I find it easier to just go to the vet. I see nothing wrong with giving your own shots and actually recommend that.

Hooch

feralaussie

Post by feralaussie » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:14 am

I'm preparing for my first GSP puppy.

I've read you can over exercise them which could cause some damage. Is this true?

I'd be interested in your opinions as to how much to exercise the pup, say for it's first 3-6 months. :?:
Last edited by feralaussie on Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

raven

Post by raven » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:36 am

I let my vet do the vacs.