Diamond Pet Foods Recall

smoothbean

Diamond Pet Foods Recall

Post by smoothbean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 am

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Salmonella concerns have prompted Missouri-based Diamond Pet Foods to recall a second batch of dry dog food produced at a South Carolina plant.

Production at the plant was suspended after an earlier recall this month.

A statement Thursday said the latest recall includes one production run of the company's Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Adult Light Formula dry dog food. The company said one bag tested positive for Salmonella, and the recall is being conducted as a precautionary measure. No dog illnesses have been reported.

The plant is the same one that shipped mold-contaminated food that killed dozens of dogs nationwide in 2005.

http://www.wgem.com/story/17835330/mo-b ... ood-recall

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: Diamond Pet Foods Recall

Post by ultracarry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 am

Is this another recall or the same that was already posted?

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 am

same one
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 am

The first one was for Diamond Natural Lamb, this is for the upscale brand, Chicken Soup for the Dogs Lovers Soul, same plant.

Swagg

Post by Swagg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 am

So whats everyones thoughts here. They seems to keep having food problems. i would rather spend more on different food then lose my dog. Currently im feeding naturals chicken and rice. Thoughts ?

Angus

Post by Angus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

My thoughts are, I stay away from Diamond. They make decent feeds and many people are happy with the foods. I just do not like the quality control issues they seem to have.

Angus

Post by Angus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Oh. I didn't think salmonella bothered dogs like it does humans. I can understand voluntary recalling as a precaution, but feeding it shouldn't hurt the dog right?
Last edited by Angus on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Angus wrote:My thoughts are, I stay away from Diamond. They make decent feeds and many people are happy with the foods. I just do not like the quality control issues they seem to have.

Or is it the lack of reporting/sweeping under the carpet of other companies? Makes ya wonder......
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Angus

Post by Angus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Could be that. I sure hope not, but these days nothing would surprise me.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:40 pm

One thing to keep in mind is that, technically, all recalls are voluntary. The FDA cannot issue a mandatory recall.

So when a company brags about a recall being "voluntary" take it with a grain of salt. All companies play that fiddle like they beat the FDA to the punch.

Usually, they are pushed into a recall by public outcry, complaints and threats of civil action, not because they all of a sudden found religion.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Angus wrote:Oh. I didn't think salmonella bothered dogs like it does humans. I can understand voluntary recalling as a precaution, but feeding it shouldn't hurt the dog right?
Shouldn't unless the dog was old or ill. You should see what goes into mine on the weekends.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I don't feed Diamond and after the issues they had a few years ago I never even looked at them again as an option for me. A little closed minded I agree but I have never been drawn to that brand. JMHO.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 pm

mcbosco wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that, technically, all recalls are voluntary. The FDA cannot issue a mandatory recall.

So when a company brags about a recall being "voluntary" take it with a grain of salt. All companies play that fiddle like they beat the FDA to the punch.

Usually, they are pushed into a recall by public outcry, complaints and threats of civil action, not because they all of a sudden found religion.
You are dead wrong. FDA can and does make the company issue a recalls when something serious is found. These voluntary ones are evidence the companies quality control program is working though it would be better if they found the potential problems before they ship. But when you have a large volume it is next to impossible to run all of the checks before the feed is shipped as there is no place to store that much feed in their warehouses.

I can not think of a post that is further from the truth than the one you just posted and all because you don't like Diamond.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

The FDA did not have any authority to start a mandatory recall until the Food Safety Modernization Act was signed in 2011.

As of now, implemetation was put off until 2013.

From FDA:

"However, in the food arena, with the exception of infant formula, FDA does not have the authority to order a recall of a food or dietary supplement"

I do believe FDA can issue a mandatory recall for drugs, so you win there.

By the way, even the law I mentioned is biased to issues with pet foods that are a danger to people, read the fine print.

I wish they did have the authority, but they never had it with the excpetion of drugs and baby formula and even now after the law was signed in 2011, it has apparantly been put off.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:08 pm

They have always had the responsibility to perform inspections of every feed manufacturing facility as well as many other facilities such as your hospitals, plasma centers, cosmetic manufacturers and many many more. If there is a serious problem of any kind they can shut the facility down and recall any products that are involved. The facility has to have a procedure that allows them to trace where every bag of product goes and if they can't trace it to the final consumer, which often they can't then they have to publish the recall instead of just notifying the original purchasers. A long with that they also have to have a procedure to identify each batch they produce so if the recall has to be published they will also publish which lots are involved. And by the way if you don't let them into your facility they will get a subpoena and have your local law enforcement serve it before they come in and go through your complete record keeping including the daily inventory records, your lab tests, and will also take samples of any and every feed that might be involved. And I am sure you are aware of the many recalls FDA initiates in the seafood industry, drug industry, as well as the feed industry if they find a problem. But you also are aware that the companies do issue voluntary recalls when their Quality Assurance Program finds a possible problem. And when we do that we do notify FDA if it is in an area they have responsibility in.

Like I said it is too bad that all possible irregularities can't be discovered and remedied if a problem is found before the product is shipped. But due to many of the tests taking several days to complete and possibly longer before you can get the results it is almost impossible for the major manufacturers to hold the product that long before shipping. We just heard a week or two ago where Diamond was holding a couple of their products till they got the results that would prove if they was a problem or not. Everything we have read or seen pretty well shows that they have a quality program that is not only active but is being used to insure that their products are what they are supposed to be.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm

I worked for a major food packer as a maint electrician. The FDA inspectors were employees of the food company..... dunno how it is with dog food but can't be more stringent can it? The things i saw daily that were evident and clear that didn't get dealt with (as a rule of operation) ASAP, would amaze most people, or disgust them.....

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Canidae is made by diamond .there is another topic on Canidae is buying their own plant.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:47 pm

birddog1968 wrote:I worked for a major food packer as a maint electrician. The FDA inspectors were employees of the food company..... dunno how it is with dog food but can't be more stringent can it? The things i saw daily that were evident and clear that didn't get dealt with (as a rule of operation) ASAP, would amaze most people, or disgust them.....
FDA inspectors are not employees of a company. They work for the Federal Government's Food and Drug Administration.

Ezzy

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:I worked for a major food packer as a maint electrician. The FDA inspectors were employees of the food company..... dunno how it is with dog food but can't be more stringent can it? The things i saw daily that were evident and clear that didn't get dealt with (as a rule of operation) ASAP, would amaze most people, or disgust them.....
FDA inspectors are not employees of a company. They work for the Federal Government's Food and Drug Administration.

Ezzy

Then the inspectors at the plant i worked at were paid off cause you couldn't tell a difference :lol:

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 pm

birddog1968 wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:

Ezzy

Then the inspectors at the plant i worked at were paid off cause you couldn't tell a difference :lol:
You couldn't tell the difference from what. The inspectors work out of a regional office and are not at your plant on a continuing basis. You probably only saw them once or twice a year and they spend most of their time going through the production records and not in the plant itself except to do a walkthrough inspection and if everything checked out they would be gone in a day or two.

Ezzy

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm

The packing plant that I know of and had many friends that worked there had inspectors there all the time. I don't know who wrote their checks but do know that they were always there not just sometimes.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 pm

smoothbean wrote:The packing plant that I know of and had many friends that worked there had inspectors there all the time. I don't know who wrote their checks but do know that they were always there not just sometimes.
But those are not FDA inspectors. Packing plants have USDA inspectors present anytime there is slaughtering taking place. Completely different deal and different circumstances with different responsibilities..

This points out how so much misinformation gets started simply because someone misunderstands or doesn't know what the procedures are and who does what. It is like the info above about FDA not being able to recall products. But then it comes out they can recall products with drugs and that is what the Food and DRUG Adninistration does. They inspect any and all products that include drugs. But they have it written into the procedures that if a drug product is bad everything in that plant will be considered adulterated and be subject to recall or whatever they determine they want to do with it. After all what is the reason to have a FDA if they can't have jurisdiction over the products the find that might be bad. Products will be recalled many times that aren't bad but it can't be proved so they come back. Think every company that wants to stay in business wants to be safe and not sorry as that means being shutdown and going out of business.

Ezzy

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm

As in people food, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a revolving door between the big names in the pet food industry and the FDA.

http://www.smart-publications.com/artic ... -interests

http://www.naturalnews.com/027527_Monsanto_FDA.html

http://www.rense.com/general33/fd.htm

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... d_Monsanto
Four companies—Procter & Gamble, Nestlé, Mars, and Colgate-Palmolive—are thought to control 80% of the world's pet-food market,[1] which in 2007 amounted to US$ 45.12 billion for cats and dogs alone.[2]
wiki

45.12 billion dollar industry. With that kind of money, I think the pet food industry can buy a lot of influence with policy and regulation.....No?

Charlie
A good bird dog is always the right color

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun May 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Charlie...Is your point that there is a conspiracy out there ? No doubt lobbying goes on as it will with most large industries. The problem, as I see it, one particular manufacture seems to have been the subject of recalls or quality issues more than others over the past several years. Why do people continue to feed products from this manufacturer when there are so many other options. Need to send a message imo, don't buy the product if it continually defective. It is a case of both buyer and seller beware. The "good value" argument is "out the door" . All this is just my opinion, but I think our "political correctness" has been extended too far when the health and safety of humans and dogs are put into question.

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Mon May 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Fox News on May 5th had an article on the recall and Salmonela. It caused 14 humans to be sick in 9 states, no dogs. Wash hands after handling dog food might help. The plant in Columbia, S.C. make several brands at the same plant.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm

bossman wrote:Charlie...Is your point that there is a conspiracy out there ? No doubt lobbying goes on as it will with most large industries. The problem, as I see it, one particular manufacture seems to have been the subject of recalls or quality issues more than others over the past several years. Why do people continue to feed products from this manufacturer when there are so many other options. Need to send a message imo, don't buy the product if it continually defective. It is a case of both buyer and seller beware. The "good value" argument is "out the door" . All this is just my opinion, but I think our "political correctness" has been extended too far when the health and safety of humans and dogs are put into question.
No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but unfortunately, that is the reality. However, it is probably IMO better that the dog food industry is self-regulated (with the exception of some labeling laws). I favor less government regulation across the board as opposed to the government regulation and involvement in our daily lives whether that be personal or business. My point was that being the dog food business is a 42 billion dollar industry, controlled by on a very small number of bigs corps, that money can no doubt use its power and influence when it comes to setting standards. I believe companies showed be allowed to fail, that includes dog food manufactures. Obviously Diamond going to take one on the chin here (again) with a big dent in sales. Many times companies come back stronger and better with higher standards and better products after they get hit in the wallet, and I hope that is the case with Diamond. I'm sure they are strong enough to get through this and come back a better company...and they don't need the FDA telling them what they have to do. Again, I favor less government involvement.

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm

I hear you and I'm with you!

Red

Post by Red » Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Pet-food recall expanded, Kirkland Signature products, Costco's private label,

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/t ... anded.html
Earth First, We Can Hunt The Rest Of The Planets Later.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm

So, since salmonella isn't a concern with dogs, is all the " I wont feed diamond because I care about my dogs health" a moot point? :P
I'm only half serious.

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 am

Salmonella can definitely affect a dog but a person getting sick would have a much larger lawsuit. Thus, the company is acting "voluntarily."

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 am

It's still a bunch of overdone drama. FDA released the brands of chicken and sweet potato jerky confirmed to be associated with Falconi's (I think I spelled that right) and Purina hasn't done diddly squat about pulling them. Middle aged women quit kissing their little poop eaters on the mouth and we wouldn't be seeing stuff like tbis salmonella blowup.

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 am

CDC is collaborating with public health and agriculture officials in multiple states and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate an ongoing multistate outbreak of human Salmonella Infantis infections. Public health investigators used DNA "fingerprints" of Salmonella bacteria obtained through diagnostic testing with pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, or PFGE, to identify cases of illness that may be part of this outbreak. They used data from PulseNet, the national subtyping network made up of state and local public health laboratories and federal food regulatory laboratories that performs molecular surveillance of foodborne infections. The outbreak strain is rare and typically 0-3 isolates are reported per month.
Multiple brands of dry pet food produced by Diamond Pet Foods at a single manufacturing facility in South Carolina have been linked to some of the human Salmonella infections. People who think they might have become ill after contact with dry pet food or with an animal that has eaten dry pet food should consult their health care providers.
A total of 14 individuals infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Infantis have been reported from 9 states. The number of ill persons identified in each state is as follows: Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1).

Doesn't seem so overblown to me. A 1 year old with salmonella is pretty serious.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 am

dr tim wrote:CDC is collaborating with public health and agriculture officials in multiple states and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate an ongoing multistate outbreak of human Salmonella Infantis infections. Public health investigators used DNA "fingerprints" of Salmonella bacteria obtained through diagnostic testing with pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, or PFGE, to identify cases of illness that may be part of this outbreak. They used data from PulseNet, the national subtyping network made up of state and local public health laboratories and federal food regulatory laboratories that performs molecular surveillance of foodborne infections. The outbreak strain is rare and typically 0-3 isolates are reported per month.
Multiple brands of dry pet food produced by Diamond Pet Foods at a single manufacturing facility in South Carolina have been linked to some of the human Salmonella infections. People who think they might have become ill after contact with dry pet food or with an animal that has eaten dry pet food should consult their health care providers.
A total of 14 individuals infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Infantis have been reported from 9 states. The number of ill persons identified in each state is as follows: Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1).

Doesn't seem so overblown to me. A 1 year old with salmonella is pretty serious.

Sushi and soy products have flattened more people than dog food in the past month and no one is screaming coast to coast about that. If people would quit relying on hand sanitizer and learn to use good old hot water and soap, the world would be a safer place.

utprizewire

Post by utprizewire » Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 am

Only 4 bags of food have tested positive for Salmonella out of nearly 6 million bags produced during the recall time period. Out of an abundance of caution, we voluntarily recalled a broad amount of dry dog and cat food to be sure our customers and pets are safe. Only samples of the following three products manufactured by Diamond in Gaston, South Carolina, between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 have tested positive for Salmonella:

•Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice dry dog food
•Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Adult Light Formula dry dog food
•Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food

4 bags out of millions produced.

http://www.aspca.org/blog/pet-food-recall-iams.aspx

Iams food recalled last year. How many people are still feeding Iams/Eukanuba? Reputable company?

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/12/p ... -recalled/

Another Iams recall due to Aflatoxin (Diamond had a recall with same concerns)

Obviously this is all concerning, but other manufacturer's have had their share of problems.

UT

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 am

Did they test all 6 million bags?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 am

Why should they? It's a non-issue if the food is handled correctly.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

So someone has a bout of vomiting and diarrhea, rushes to the ER, the docs there hurry up and order stool C&S, the CDC gets a report on the positives, the colonies of salmonella are DNAed and proven to be originated from the Diamond plant in SC, all in a week or so? Really?

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 am

Read the article- http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/dog-food-05-12/index.html

These human cases started in October of last year. Obviously, dog food issues originated prior to that and all the GI cases we see as vets don't get cultured and sent to CDC to figure out it was the dog food. Interesting here at our hospital in Michigan was that a tech of mine was on a lamb/rice with a barfy dog for a month until their bag of food go recalled and new bag of different food has led to no vomiting.

Like mom says, wash your hands after the bathroom. Or you shake hands with a dog food touching person.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

I think diamond has shown a ton of precaution, maybe too much as now good bags of feed aren't in the stores and I've had to go to the lamb and rice for now...... I for one will still feed diamond products.....

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:15 pm

dr tim wrote:Did they test all 6 million bags?
\
You are more aware than most why they don't test every bag and do not need to. When you have that Dr. title on your name you are expected to be completely honest and educate people and not use some other companies problem to advance your product. You are already pushing the envelope by using your title as part of the dog foods name when it has no bearing on the quality of the product.

Ezzy

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Gosh, when I saw all the dogs die from the aflatoxin and melamine poisonings these last 5-6 years I guess it sticks with you. I will take my title off my name so that doesn't upset you. Don't want to break the envelope.

Good thing the government is looking out for us and finding these issues as the food companies do not do it as a rule.

The company states 4 bags out of 6 million produced tested positive-how more misleading can it be. It should say 4 bags out of how many tested in total were positive, right? Come on.
Last edited by dr tim on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Tue May 08, 2012 8:56 pm

ezzy333 wrote: You are already pushing the envelope by using your title as part of the dog foods name when it has no bearing on the quality of the product.
Ezzy
Excellent point...especially the part about the quality. Maybe there should be a recall on excessive plant matter in dog food.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 am

ezzy333 wrote:
\
You are more aware than most why they don't test every bag and do not need to. When you have that Dr. title on your name you are expected to be completely honest and educate people and not use some other companies problem to advance your product. You are already pushing the envelope by using your title as part of the dog foods name when it has no bearing on the quality of the product.

Ezzy
Could you please quote where he did this? And seriously, I thought this was America. He's not allowed to use his title in his brand name? Sounds like you got yourself a conspiracy theory. :roll:

utprizewire

Post by utprizewire » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 am

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm303042.htm

Looks like Solid Gold and Natural Balance is also being recalled due to Salmonella.

UT

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

There is no way to candy-coat this. This goes back to October 2011 and only two weeks ago there is a recall.

Really that is all the information I need.

Swagg

Post by Swagg » Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 am

Salmonella must be the 152 check ;)

dr tim

Post by dr tim » Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 pm

The cats have been affected as well but no attention was given to recalling their food yet. I really don't care what folks feed their animals, just be informed. And it looks like cats died because of it. Are their others out there having problems? Yes, Purina has a recall right now with canned food that is sold through vet clinics, so don't feed O/M canned cat food. If this is wrong to bring up the moderator can kick me off this site if it appears the intent is only to promote my own food. Yes, I make a cat food but this isn't a cat site.
Signed, Turtle Tim

Cats potentially at risk after Diamond Pet Foods dog food recall

Following recent recalls, an article looks into the safety of other cat foods manufactured at Diamond's South Carolina, USA, plant
Release Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 Comments(0)
After recalling one batch of Diamond Naturals dry dog food on April 6 for possible Salmonella contamination, Diamond Pet Foods and other brands manufactured at its plant have expanded the recall on numerous occasions, Diamond endured a week-long inspection of its Gaston, South Carolina, USA, by the US Food and Drug Administration, which found various safety issues, and most recently acknowledged that cats are also at risk.

According to a recent article, Diamond Pet Foods has done little to call special attention to the expansion of its dry dog food recalls to include a cat food that was also manufactured at the plant.

There is no specific information on which brands and batches of cat food may be affected by the recalls, though consumers may check the cat food bag's product code to find where it was made.

Recently, the Calgary Herald in Alberta, Canada, reported that two cats in a Montreal animal shelter died and another is ill after eating Diamond Pet Foods products. Also in Quebec, another person has been reported with a case of Salmonella, bringing the total number of cases to 16 in the United States and Canada caused by handling the petfood, the article says.

“The investigation is open and pending so we are limited in the information we can release to the public,” Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman, Laura Alvey, wrote via e-mail. "Diamond voluntarily shut down their facility to clean (including the two lines where the contaminated product was made) and to implement additional procedures.”

scott townsend

Post by scott townsend » Tue May 22, 2012 1:27 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
\

Ezzy
Ezzy you take your job as a moderator waaay to far. As long as the information being posted is the truth, why do you think you need to step in. Where has he used this issue to promote anything except to make folks aware of the truth. Get over yourself man, there is plenty of other issue on here that are filled with non truths and BS. Go flex your muscles over those posts. Whats the deal , is Diamond your brand of dog food ?????