Kirkland Opinions?

shaneroyce

Kirkland Opinions?

Post by shaneroyce » Wed May 09, 2012 11:24 am

Can anyone shed any light on their experience with Kirkland (Costco brand) dog foods for pointers? I know a few guys that feed it here that have some great dogs and they swear by it. Any thoughts on how it compares to some of the more "premium" dog foods? I used it for a month, but switched thinking that I wanted to try something different (more of a "premium" food) just to try it. I'd like to hear your thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Kirkland Opinions?

Post by mcbosco » Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

I have a friend that feeds 15 Spins that food including moms and pups and she likes it. It has gone up in price but still is a good value.

She has become very worried about quality with the recall, especially because Costco didn't seem to know what was going on. Her concern was due to the fact she uses it on pups not so much the adults.

She is test driving Pro Pac now and has found her two intact males prefer it.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

no western states are affected by Kirkland dog food, I called Kirkland and they told me their pet food comes from the California plant. I mix Kirkland and Diamond Extreme. My Shorthairs love this mixture and do fine on it . Great food at a good price. No Corn, No Wheat, No Soy.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Meant to say the western states are not affected by these recalls.

deke

Post by deke » Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 pm

it makes my dogs fart. besides that i am feeding less than i was with nutro, and his coat is better.

KwikIrish

Post by KwikIrish » Wed May 16, 2012 7:47 am

I'm using natures domain by them and all my ears have cleaned up, also, dogs maintaining weight w less food than others with similar protine/fat content. Happy camper with them.

reba

Post by reba » Wed May 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I am feeding four dogs Kirkland.

If not the best it is equal to any.

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I feed Kirkland's Nature's Domain (grain free) to our four very active dogs - 2 labs and 2 red setters. I supplement every day mostly with chicken(boneless skinless chicken thighs) and the chicken fat. A few times a week they get eggs instead, or some other meat or fish. They get other stuff, too, like yogurt, peas, apples, etc. After switching to a grain free dry food, I'm not picking up runny poop every few days. A good thing. I think most dogs do just fine with rice in their food as long as it's a good quality food. But, I have two dogs that don't seem to tolerate rice, and the grain free has been working well. Costco has the best price and so far, so good.