Pad Heal

AG74

Pad Heal

Post by AG74 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Anyone ever use Pad Heal by Cut-heal inc? My pup wore some of the skin off his front pads and is pretty sore.

I was wondering if this stuff is ok for the dogs to lick or not. Their website doesn't give much info, nor does the label. the ingredients are Raw Linseed oil, spirits of turpentine, pure menhaden oil, bees wax, balsam of fir, and oil of vitriol....

Definitely don't want the dog to ingest that stuff, but its pretty tough to keep him from licking his feet, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

sckwest1

Re: Pad Heal

Post by sckwest1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 pm

I have used it hundreds of times with no problems at all. SCK

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Don't see a thing in the list of ingredients that would be a problem and there is no one going to manufacture a pad toughener that will kill your dog if it licks it. At least, not a business I would invest in. Maybe our president would put some stimulus money in though.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:03 pm

It sounds like "Spirit of Turpentine" may bs related to an ingredient called Benzoin and if it is then your good. I've alway used products that have Benzoin as the active ingredient because that's what they used on us in the military to heal blisters.
And I don't wanna steal this thread but if anyone has this symptom and it persists even while using a product such as this, soak the paw in a mixture of Betadine and water everyday for a week or even two. I was fighting a lame paw for 6 months that not even my Vet could figure out and it turned out to be a fungus. I only figured it out when it transferred to another paw.

AG74

Post by AG74 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks for the tips and advice guys!

tn red

Post by tn red » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Just plain cut-heal will work

AG74

Post by AG74 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

tn red wrote:Just plain cut-heal will work
Looking at the bottle it looks like the name of the product is called Pad Heal, and the company is Cut-Heal, Inc? It was the only thing my local farm store had for dog's feet. Think it is the same stuff? Its just an oily coating, smells like wood stain, or linseed oil, which is a main ingredient in it. I put it on my hands, just to see how it worked. Stays oily for quite a while and soaks into the skin. Unlike Tuff Foot, which dries out really fast because its isopropyl based...

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:31 pm

The Spirit of Turpentine is what heals thin pads and the oils condition them so they don't dry out and crack.if it's like benzoin, it pretty mucus works overnight.