Purina pro plan performance

magspa

Post by magspa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I switched over to this because I got another GSP, mainly to save money and it is all life stages, so convenience too. 30%protein and chicken is the first ingredient so it seems alright. I was feeding innova prime. These are my first two dogs so Im not sure if the money savings will be worth it. Any of yal feed this?

jcbuttry8

Re: Purina pro plan performance

Post by jcbuttry8 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Most trialers feed this due to them sponsoring trial events. I have had great results feeding this to my dogs. They seem to like it and the pointer I had kept great muscle even during rigorous training and trialing sessions. There are others here that feed different feeds and most likely this will be another debate that will run 40 + posts, but in the end, feed what your dog does the best on. I fed other more expensive brands and the dogs did fine with them but after a while they seemed to not eat it as well. Performance seems to working well for us.

JM2C,

Joe

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:Most trialers feed this due to them sponsoring trial events.

Joe
I think it is the other way around, they sponsir trials because so many of their patrons participate in them. Purina has been a great company that has spent millions researching and promoting every thing that has much to do with our dogs.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

magspa

Post by magspa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

that works for me..thanks!

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 am

Chicken may be the first ingredient, but Corn Gluten is the main protein source. That is why I do not feed Purina. I like a food to be meat based and meat as the main protein source. I am also not a fan of corn gluten.

volraider

Post by volraider » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:33 am

My dogs do great on it. People worry to much about food, if the dogs have good stools and look good keep feeding it.

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 am

We fed it exclusively for years, and the dogs did great on it. Purina is a NAVHDA sponsor, and has done the research on canine endurance athletes to back up their claims. We got a dog with chronic ear trouble, and long story short, corn was the culprit in her ration. Switched to another purina feed with no corn, and poof! No ear trouble. I still use PPF for the dogs who have no allergies though, as it is hard to find another ration with high enough fat.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I love it but I can't afford to feed it. I have to go with victor.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Angus wrote:Chicken may be the first ingredient, but Corn Gluten is the main protein source. That is why I do not feed Purina. I like a food to be meat based and meat as the main protein source. I am also not a fan of corn gluten.
Gluten only stops nutrient absorption if the dog has coeliac disease or is allergic to grains.

http://www.royalcanin.us/library/ingred ... -food.aspx

http://www.ehow.com/about_5300217_glute ... -dogs.html
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Sharon wrote:
Angus wrote:Chicken may be the first ingredient, but Corn Gluten is the main protein source. That is why I do not feed Purina. I like a food to be meat based and meat as the main protein source. I am also not a fan of corn gluten.
Gluten only stops nutrient absorption if the dog has coeliac disease or is allergic to grains.

http://www.royalcanin.us/library/ingred ... -food.aspx

http://www.ehow.com/about_5300217_glute ... -dogs.html

While you are correct that is not the issue I have with it. It is a Protein Booster and the main source of protein in purina foods. I like meat to be the main protein source. Just a personal thing.

Dogs do well on the food it seems. It's just not for me do to the lack of meat in the food.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Corn Gluten isn't really gluten as we know it today. The name has been around for 60 years and more. All it is is the corn with the hull and starch removed. It is a great feed and has been for all of these years.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Corn Gluten isn't really gluten as we know it today. The name has been around for 60 years and more. All it is is the corn with the hull and starch removed. It is a great feed and has been for all of these years.

Ezzy

Ok. Why not just use chicken meal and whole grain corn then instead of chicken and corn gluten? Why have a dog feed that is plant based?

While I understand that dogs are omnivores, I still feel that food should be meat based. With that said there are better foods that are cheaper than PPP imo.

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:21 pm

I will be following this thread as I recently switched from Canidae ALS to PPP ALS slight increase in cost for PPP, main reason for switch was the increase in protein and fat. I wanted to keep him in good shape through the hunting season.
Canidae ALS is 24/16
PPP ALS is 30/20

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm

There is no way we can tell how much of the protein comes from animal or vegetable from the list of ingredients. Would be my guess you would find they are getting as much from the chicken as they are from the corn? As far as why they use what they do, I would guess they are able to provide the same results cheaper. That is the reason many companies try to formulate their feeds, providing the most quality at as cheap of price as they can. Every company, depending on location and quanity of supply will use what they can get locally and save a terrific transportation cost of hauling the ingredients to their facilities. There is an almost unlimited number of reasons why the same feed using the same ingredients will cost more in some parts of the country than others. And their is an almost unlimited ways to provide basically the same feed using different ingredients that they can purchase cheaper to provide us with a good feed at a reasonable cost.

Ezzy

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 pm

ezzy333 wrote:There is no way we can tell how much of the protein comes from animal or vegetable from the list of ingredients. Would be my guess you would find they are getting as much from the chicken as they are from the corn? As far as why they use what they do, I would guess they are able to provide the same results cheaper. That is the reason many companies try to formulate their feeds, providing the most quality at as cheap of price as they can. Every company, depending on location and quanity of supply will use what they can get locally and save a terrific transportation cost of hauling the ingredients to their facilities. There is an almost unlimited number of reasons why the same feed using the same ingredients will cost more in some parts of the country than others. And their is an almost unlimited ways to provide basically the same feed using different ingredients that they can purchase cheaper to provide us with a good feed at a reasonable cost.

Ezzy

There is a big difference between protein makeup. Amino acids and all...

I understand the pencil pusher business mentality and cost cutting, etc. So why can Pro Pac make a food that is mostly meat based from high quality ingredients for a lot less money? Omnivores that evolved from carnivores should not be eating veggie matter in the amount used in PPP.

Without going into another discussion about the dog food websites, you can tell a lot from the label. Looking at a PP lable, it is mostly vegetable matter. Chicken minus the water moves it much further down the list of ingredients; which moves Corn Gluten into the first ingredient and the main protein source.

Lets be honest about Corn Gluten. It is the protein from the corn kernel. It is mostly used as a protein booster in a lot of good feeds. In Purina foods it is the main protein source. Unfortunately Purina will not come clean about that when asked while other food companies will. What do they have to hide?

This is all my opinion of course. I'm not stating it as fact and will never look down on anyone for feeding anything that works for their dog/s.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm

I am quite aware it is your opinion and you are welcome to that but your assumptions are not based on anything but that opinion. You can't tell how much chicken or gluten is being used, you can not make a cse for how much animal verses vegetable protein is best for today's dog, and you sure can't make a case on the quality of the ingredients from the list or have any idea why they are used.And you sure can't tell that gluten is main source of protein and that may be the reason they won't come clean and admit something that isn't the truth.

I don't feed PP either but I base that mostly on price since I can get the same results with feed that cost much less in our area. But I have to admit I don't know which I like since I haven't eaten either and I have little idea of either's formuli but I do see two very healthy fit dogs when I feed them every night.

Feed what you like but I am more concerned with what a feed does for my dog than what I like. Bit it is surprising how many do pick a feed based on only that.

Ezzy

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I am quite aware it is your opinion and you are welcome to that but your assumptions are not based on anything but that opinion. You can't tell how much chicken or gluten is being used, you can not make a cse for how much animal verses vegetable protein is best for today's dog, and you sure can't make a case on the quality of the ingredients from the list or have any idea why they are used.And you sure can't tell that gluten is main source of protein and that may be the reason they won't come clean and admit something that isn't the truth.

I don't feed PP either but I base that mostly on price since I can get the same results with feed that cost much less in our area. But I have to admit I don't know which I like since I haven't eaten either and I have little idea of either's formuli but I do see two very healthy fit dogs when I feed them every night.

Feed what you like but I am more concerned with what a feed does for my dog than what I like. Bit it is surprising how many do pick a feed based on only that.

Ezzy

You're right. Chicken is not chicken meal and therefore not concentrated. Corn Gluten is concentrated Corn Protein. Therefore I will assume that with the Corn Gluten and other vegetable matter used that PPP is mostly plant based. Purina will not come clean as to percentages of Meat protein to veggie protein; so there is no way to really know. Maybe they use 500# of chicken to 1# of corn gluten. Somehow pencil pushers would not allow this.

I'm not trying to make a case as to whether veggie or meat protein is better for a dog. IMO, meat is better and therefore I win. :lol:

Quality takes a bit more looking into than a label. I've done the research and formed an educated opinion. Human grade meat concentrate is of higher quality than feed corn gluten imo.

I'm not sure why they will not answer the questions about their protein levels. Dog food isn't top secret or anything, though formulas are secret. Not asking for Purina's formula, just an idea of veggie protein to meat protein. They will not answer when many other companies do. So...

You've stated the same in many posts. I agree that it comes down to how the dog does. Like I said; Purina works for many dogs. i choose not to use it for the reasons stated. Isn't that the whole point of being a consumer in a capitalist society? Again I'm not going to tell someone that they shouldn't use PPP. If they like it then so be it. I do not.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

The dog food threads on here have confused and frightened me so that,several months ago I stopped buying dog food tore down my fences and encouraged my dogs to fend for themselves . occasionally they come home with an egg plant, an ear of corn,a chicken and on rare occasions a small goat. I am pleased with the results thus far...good coats shiny teeth and economical as long as they feed nocturnal and aren't discovered

magspa

Post by magspa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

The first ingredient listed is "chicken". Doesn't that mean it is the main ingredient and there is more chicken than anything else in the food? I was comparing it to nutro high energy all life stages which cost more and the first ingredient is chicken meal, although they are both 30/20. So i figured the PPP was more bang for the buck. So what is a good quality meat based protein feed at a fair price?

Angus

Post by Angus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 pm

magspa wrote:The first ingredient listed is "chicken". Doesn't that mean it is the main ingredient and there is more chicken than anything else in the food? I was comparing it to nutro high energy all life stages which cost more and the first ingredient is chicken meal, although they are both 30/20. So i figured the PPP was more bang for the buck. So what is a good quality meat based protein feed at a fair price?
The way I understand it is all ingredients are listed by weight before cooking. So "chicken" is a lot less weight after being cooked. Chicken Meal is already dried and concentrated before cooking. Therefore chicken meal will add a whole lot more to the food than chicken when both are listed first on the label.

While Chicken sounds good, it's more marketing than nutrition.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 pm

I apologize for my Tom Foolery. I feed PPP and have no complaint. There are two prevalent dog food brands I see fed to performance dogs. PPP is one of them If its convenient I would use it....then focus on conditioning JMO

nanney1

Post by nanney1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 am

Angus: the "way you understand it" is correct. Chicken weighs less after cooking compared to chicken meal. However, the problem with that reasoning is that you don't know how much chicken was used to start with in the process, or corn gluten meal for that matter. Once you know that amount, come back and tell us if the food is primarily made from vegetable matter or animal. There's a lot that the lable doesn't tell you.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 am

magspa wrote:I switched over to this because I got another GSP, mainly to save money and it is all life stages, so convenience too. 30%protein and chicken is the first ingredient so it seems alright. I was feeding innova prime. These are my first two dogs so Im not sure if the money savings will be worth it. Any of yal feed this?
FYI........
If the ingredient only states "chicken", that means the food can contain ANY PART OF A CHICKEN.....including: the beak, bones, ground up dried up intentinal track,..... Anything! What one wants to read as one of the top ingredients in their dog's food is: 'chicken meat' or 'chicken meal' .

If it states 'chicken', look out- because you can and will be feeding Fido ANY part of a chicken!

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 am

Biggest difference I noticed when switching to PPP was better coat quality.
Last edited by ACooper on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 am

FYI........
If the ingredient only states "chicken", that means the food can contain ANY PART OF A CHICKEN.....including: the beak, bones, ground up dried up intentinal track,..... Anything! What one wants to read as one of the top ingredients in their dog's food is: 'chicken meat' or 'chicken meal' .

If it states 'chicken', look out- because you can and will be feeding Fido ANY part of a chicken!
Not an accurate statement - at least not for legitimate food producers. Purina meets AAFCO guidelines (as most companies do). Therefore, if their label says chicken, you're getting: "the clean combination of flesh and skin with or without accompanying bone, derived from the parts or whole carcasses of chicken or a combination thereof, exclusive of feathers, heads, feet and entrails."
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 pm

SD Pheasant Slayer wrote:
FYI........

Not an accurate statement - at least not for legitimate food producers. Purina meets AAFCO guidelines (as most companies do). Therefore, if their label says chicken, you're getting: "the clean combination of flesh and skin with or without accompanying bone, derived from the parts or whole carcasses of chicken or a combination thereof, exclusive of feathers, heads, feet and entrails."
If it only states "chicken", it can contain bone. So no beak, my bad. But "chicken" on the label DOES equate to the very strong likelihood that there is bone in the food (and consumers are led to believe their dogs are getting chicken meat. Don't be a Purina Pro Plan apologist. Just the term "chicken" equates to bone. If it was only meat in the food, it would state "chicken meat".
Last edited by GrayDawg on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I feed PPP and have no complaints, they are a tremendous supporter of field trials. Personally, I think all the BS floating around dog food is just that. What matters is how the dog is doing on the food chicken bones or not.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Any part of a chicken is fine with me.....even feathers I feed PPP it works for the dogs is close to home and they know no difference.....Half the problem with dog foods are the owners not the dogs.....most owners a question for you....would you feed your dog half the Sh!t you eat yourself?....probably not which in case any food you give your dog is probably better that what your eating......Moral of the story?

Worry less about dog food......as long as they are okay....its all good..... :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

nanney1

Post by nanney1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 pm

O.K. let me get this straight. Purina wants consumers to believe that chicken does not contain bone????

Are other manufacturers leading consumers to believe that chicken meal is meat only and never contains bone????

And what exactly is wrong with bone?

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 pm

What is wrong with bone? Really, you must know that no self respecting dog would ever eat one of those.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm

nanney1 wrote:O.K. let me get this straight. Purina wants consumers to believe that chicken does not contain bone????

Are other manufacturers leading consumers to believe that chicken meal is meat only and never contains bone????

Bone doesn't contain anything that is beneficial to a canine's diet.

If I had my choice (and I do), I would pick a dog food whose #1 ingredient
was chicken meal. My second choice would be a food whose #1 ingredient was
chicken meat. My last choice would be a food whose #1 ingredient was chicken.

Remember, these percentages are based on prior to cooking! Chicken meat has
more moisture than chicken meal. Therefore, AFTER cooking, chicken meal retains
more of it's overall mass
than chicken meat.

Notice how I haven't been advertising the brand of food I feed my dogs? It shouldn't matter.
The only thing that matters is that we all understand the rules and resultant loopholes the dog
food companies leverage and manuever within.

The only reason Purina sponsors field trials is because it is financially viable and rewarding for
them to do so
. If you think this is not true, the next time you're at a regional Championship and
they're getting ready to take the picture of the winners, say out loud and within earshot of the
Purina Rep, "Let's take down that Purina banner and get rid of the bags of dog food, it takes away
From the dogs!"

Then watch him keel over from a heart attack...... ;-)

Feed what you want. Just be educated about it and go in with both eyes wide open- and for heavens
sake, don't be naïve.

Rob
Last edited by GrayDawg on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Actually, if an animal source meal contains more than an incidental trace amount of bone it has to be labled "meat and bone meal."

As far as Purina sponsering dog events, we in the event community are darned lucky to have them and need to remember as a European owned company their corporate philosophy may not always be supportive of American events.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

SCT

Post by SCT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Actually bone and especially bone marrow is good for dogs, but domesticated dogs don't really need it if they are eating processed dog food. Raw meat is very high in phosphorous and will require supplemental calcium fed to dogs that are on a raw meat diet. Otherwise it takes calcium from the live bones to digest and creates soft bones.

Thousands of athletic dogs are living on PPP so there's no question it's an adequate dog food. I don't feed it, but may try it some day.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

I ran out of EA at the beginning of this week. I picked up a small bag of PPP to get them through until the weekend. Dogs didn't mind. I have feeling they would eat anything I put in their bowls. ;)

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 am

brad27 wrote:I ran out of EA at the beginning of this week. I picked up a small bag of PPP to get them through until the weekend. Dogs didn't mind. I have feeling they would eat anything I put in their bowls. ;)
Only if its grain free organic free range prime meat. :lol:

nanney1

Post by nanney1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 am

GrayDawg wrote:
nanney1 wrote:O.K. let me get this straight. Purina wants consumers to believe that chicken does not contain bone????

Bone doesn't contain anything that is beneficial to a canine's diet.

If I had my choice (and I do), I would pick a dog food whose #1 ingredient
was chicken meal. My second choice would be a food whose #1 ingredient was
chicken meat. My last choice would be a food whose #1 ingredient was chicken.

Remember, these percentages are based on prior to cooking! Chicken meat has
more moisture than chicken meal. Therefore, AFTER cooking, chicken meal retains
more of it's overall mass
than chicken meat.

Notice how I haven't been advertising the brand of food I feed my dogs? It shouldn't matter.
The only thing that matters is that we all understand the rules and resultant loopholes the dog
food companies leverage and manuever within.

The only reason Purina sponsors field trials is because it is financially viable and rewarding for
them to do so
. If you think this is not true, the next time you're at a regional Championship and
they're getting ready to take the picture of the winners, say out loud and within earshot of the
Purina Rep, "Let's take down that Purina banner and get rid of the bags of dog food, it takes away
From the dogs!"

Then watch him keel over from a heart attack...... ;-)

Feed what you want. Just be educated about it and go in with both eyes wide open- and for heavens
sake, don't be naïve.

Rob
Wow... not sure where to start, so I'll just stop and remain uneducated, naive, and blissfully happy with my eyes tightly shut.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

This is what happens with so many nutrition threads. We have someone with little if any understanding of a dogs nutritional needs and even less about feed ingredients and how and why they are used. But they have strong opinions of what is good and what is bad based on something they have heard or read, probably on the Internet. And sadly no one suffers except for their dogs.

Ezzy

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Different dogs do better or worse on different foods.
Just because my dogs do best on Eagle Pack, doesn't mean that yours will.

Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Doc E wrote:Different dogs do better or worse on different foods.
Just because my dogs do best on Eagle Pack, doesn't mean that yours will.

Exactly. Find one that works, that you can afford and stick with it. No need to chase rainbows.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:There are others here that feed different feeds and most likely this will be another debate that will run 40 + posts, but in the end,

Joe
See, I told you this post makes 40. :D :D :P

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Changed from Canidae ALS to PPP ALS Three weeks ago for hunting season. Dog is hunting with lots of energy, three to four hour hunts, three days a week. Could be conditioning could be the food. I think I will use Canidae ALS in the off season.

Angus

Post by Angus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm

ezzy333 wrote:This is what happens with so many nutrition threads. We have someone with little if any understanding of a dogs nutritional needs and even less about feed ingredients and how and why they are used. But they have strong opinions of what is good and what is bad based on something they have heard or read, probably on the Internet. And sadly no one suffers except for their dogs.

Ezzy

Are you saying that there are dogs suffering because an owner has standards on dog food? Which dogs are suffering? Someone should call the SPCA or something if dogs are suffering.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Angus wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:This is what happens with so many nutrition threads. We have someone with little if any understanding of a dogs nutritional needs and even less about feed ingredients and how and why they are used. But they have strong opinions of what is good and what is bad based on something they have heard or read, probably on the Internet. And sadly no one suffers except for their dogs.

Ezzy

Are you saying that there are dogs suffering because an owner has standards on dog food? Which dogs are suffering? Someone should call the SPCA or something if dogs are suffering.
Nope, not because an owner has standards but because the owner has formed an opinion based on something other than fact. It too bad this happens but it seems it is almost impossible to change those opinions no matter how hard you try to educate them. And yes, their are many dogs suffering for that exact reason. Dogs that are overweight to the extent they can't do a lot of things a dog should be doing, dogs with problems due to feeding practises, etc.

Ezzy

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:26 am

Ezzy
This is a fairly oblique statement "with little if any" examples to substantiate it's claims. Not sure who it's intended for, but if you have read a specific submission you feel is inaccurate, reference the submission, present your differing position & back it up with facts.

What's even worse than a poster that thinks they are informed, is a Moderator/Admin who thinks they are informed- but are not. As their Bulletin Board "powers" are broader than the average member/poster, a misinformed Moderator/Admin can do WAY MORE damage (with regards to the overall nutritional needs of our dogs) than any poster- as the Moderator/Admin regulates what flies & what dies on the board.

I'm done with this- Happy Thanksgiving all.

Rob

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Unacceptable post. If you have a problem with with a Mod, talk to the Mod ; don't post unkind comments for all to read. "Do unto others as ......................"
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 am

Angus wrote:

Ezzy

The "pemium" dog food marketing schemes are to make the half informed owner feel better to part them of their money and actually have nothing to do with the well being of the dog.
Your "standards" are based on nothing more than a buy in to the marketing machine - I suppose you can make the argument that if you as an owner feel better then that is better for your dog.
Last edited by slistoe on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:39 am

GrayDawg O don't know if Ezzy was meaning you specifically, but he did make a general comment of truth and if the shoe fits....

PS- you have been hitting balls into deep foul territory this whole thread because you have made an erroneous assumption.

Angus

Post by Angus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 am

slistoe wrote:
Angus wrote:

Ezzy

The "pemium" dog food marketing schemes are to make the half informed owner feel better to part them of their money and actually have nothing to do with the well being of the dog.
Your "standards" are based on nothing more than a buy in to the marketing machine - I suppose you can make the argument that if you as an owner feel better then that is better for your dog.

Yeah, I understand that argument and agree for the most part.

You have no idea what I feed or what my Standards are; you're assuming things. At the price PPP is at there are better foods that are cheaper or same price point. I do not think ppp is that great of a food do to the ingredients that they use. It's called an opinion. My dogs aren't complaining about their food. In fact, they always want more of it. :wink:

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am

Angus wrote:
You have no idea what I feed or what my Standards are; you're assuming things.
You are right. I was assuming that your comments on this thread were a reflection of your standards and that may not be so - they may have been comments for the purpose of discussion.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am

I feed PPP and I also feed Diamond Premium. The dogs seem to prefer PPP if they are fed singly in bowls, but Diamond if they are trough fed in the yard. If I have dogs eating from individual bowls of PPP and set a bucket of Diamond down, they will leave their bowls and all try to eat at once from the bucket. If I put individual bowls of Diamond down, they sniff and pick. 'Slpain that one.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.