New Product Coming Soon

shets114

New Product Coming Soon

Post by shets114 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 pm

To be launched in February. Take a look and if you would be interested in using the product please forward me your information as well as your local store. (other than large box stores, TSC etc).

Performance Professional 27/17 38 $33.99
L&R Maintenance 22/12 38 $34.99
Athlete 30/22 38 $38.99
Puppy 30/22 15 $16.99
Hunters 24/18 40 $30.99
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jwnissen

Re: New Product Coming Soon

Post by jwnissen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 am

I am curious to see what people think. Is there a website or some more info on the company? Is it a new company or has it been in business for a while? I will wait to see what the people who have had dogs for decades think, since im fairly new to the game. The price is definitely right, so if a lot of people like it, I will try it.

John

ROTTnBRITT

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 am

Poulin Gain is the company. They do have a website.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 am

ROTTnBRITT wrote:Poulin Gain is the company. They do have a website.
I think it is Poulin Grain.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 am

I don't know, I'm seeing chicken meal as the first ingredient then don't see anything else even remotely meat and stopped reading about half way down the label. What would make this feed better than even Diamond? Then again, feed has always fascinated me. I was feeding stuff like Blue Buffalo and Innova for a long time then, in a pinch, I bought a bag of cheap food from a guy I know who runs Beagles. The girls do great on this food so I've kept them on it. They're getting fat and have not had any relapse in endurance even with less conditioning.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

ROTTnBRITT

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
ROTTnBRITT wrote:Poulin Gain is the company. They do have a website.
I think it is Poulin Grain.

Ezzy

Yeh. I missed the "r"

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Would really like to see calcium /phosphorus listed on the label of the puppy food. Common issue I have and why I am so picky about puppy foods.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Stoneface wrote:I don't know, I'm seeing chicken meal as the first ingredient then don't see anything else even remotely meat and stopped reading about half way down the label....
My friend and I were talking about dogfoods the other day, and she mentioned that there have been findings that meat meal is actually better than meat. I did a quick google search, and found and article reinforcing what she told me and why. I don't know the absolute truth of the matter, but I'll add the link. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing- ... meat-meal/

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 am

Stoneface wrote:I don't know, I'm seeing chicken meal as the first ingredient then don't see anything else even remotely meat and stopped reading about half way down the label. What would make this feed better than even Diamond? Then again, feed has always fascinated me. I was feeding stuff like Blue Buffalo and Innova for a long time then, in a pinch, I bought a bag of cheap food from a guy I know who runs Beagles. The girls do great on this food so I've kept them on it. They're getting fat and have not had any relapse in endurance even with less conditioning.

Although a label may list several meat varieties, it doesn't mean there is more meat in the end product. Pro Form could list 10 meat sources yet still have a lower meat content in the formula. The ingredient list is simple, uncomplicated and easy to distinguish where you are getting your protein, carbohydrates, fat and vitamins.
Label dressing has become a common marketing technique to convince the consumer that one product is better than another. It just isn't so.
It's time to get back to the basics and provide a simple food that will perform at a price the performance guy and girl can afford.

If you look at the Omegas in the Athlete formula they are high for a reason. The high performer needs more. More Protein, Fat, Energy...

mountaindogs wrote:Would really like to see calcium /phosphorus listed on the label of the puppy food. Common issue I have and why I am so picky about puppy foods.
The Calcium level is 1.44% and Phosphorus is .97%.

Recommended levels of cal/pho are 1.0% to 1.8% cal and .80% to 1.6% pho and at a 1.5 to 1 ratio.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm

shets114 wrote:
mountaindogs wrote:Would really like to see calcium /phosphorus listed on the label of the puppy food. Common issue I have and why I am so picky......]

Recommended levels of cal/pho are 1.0% to 1.8% cal and .80% to 1.6% pho and at a 1.5 to 1 ratio.
Great! That's what I want to see. Put it the bag label so I can see it is part of the "guaranteed analysis "

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

mountaindogs wrote:
shets114 wrote:
mountaindogs wrote:Would really like to see calcium /phosphorus listed on the label of the puppy food. Common issue I have and why I am so picky......]

Great! That's what I want to see. Put it the bag label so I can see it is part of the "guaranteed analysis "
So, what do these numbers mean and why do you ok at them specifically?

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Puppies need the correct calcium to phos ratio. Too much of either one relative to the other causes growth abnormalities. That is actually one reason "raw " diets can be dangerous for growing puppies if not balenced carefully. Pure muscle meat has too high of a phos level on its own for a growing dog.

SCT

Post by SCT » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I would be interested in trying a bag of Athlete 30/22. Where can I get it for $38?

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

It looks like very similar formulas as the Enhance line of feed.
Last edited by Big Dave on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 pm

SCT wrote:I would be interested in trying a bag of Athlete 30/22. Where can I get it for $38?
I also.
There are several feed stores in our area that might try carrying it. I'll send you a PM.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 pm

shets114 wrote:
Although a label may list several meat varieties, it doesn't mean there is more meat in the end product. Pro Form could list 10 meat sources yet still have a lower meat content in the formula. The ingredient list is simple, uncomplicated and easy to distinguish where you are getting your protein, carbohydrates, fat and vitamins.
Label dressing has become a common marketing technique to convince the consumer that one product is better than another. It just isn't so.
It's time to get back to the basics and provide a simple food that will perform at a price the performance guy and girl can afford.

If you look at the Omegas in the Athlete formula they are high for a reason. The high performer needs more. More Protein, Fat, Energy...
You are so right. I can't believe just how crazy and out of wack so many dog owners are because of the old wives tales and the marketing ploys of the modern manufactured that take advantage of so many of those stories. It is a shame that so much concern and energy is wasted on what to feed a dog. And by that I don't mean in any way a dog shouldn't be fed well.

With all the dogs we have raised, boarded, and kept while training, and those used for feed tests, we never found a dog that needed a special diet. We did have a few that came in on a special diet but they went home in better shape and on a regular food. I know there has to be an occasional one with a real problem but 99.9% will be healthy and happy on a quality food that resembles very closely what Shets is talking about.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:32 pm

wems2371 wrote:
Stoneface wrote:I don't know, I'm seeing chicken meal as the first ingredient then don't see anything else even remotely meat and stopped reading about half way down the label....
My friend and I were talking about dogfoods the other day, and she mentioned that there have been findings that meat meal is actually better than meat. I did a quick google search, and found and article reinforcing what she told me and why. I don't know the absolute truth of the matter, but I'll add the link. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing- ... meat-meal/
I agree, I have always looked for meal rather than meat and biproducts also.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

shets114 wrote: If you look at the Omegas in the Athlete formula they are high for a reason.

What is the source of the Omega-3's ?
What is the EPA : DHA ratio ?

Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Doc E wrote:
shets114 wrote: If you look at the Omegas in the Athlete formula they are high for a reason.

What is the source of the Omega-3's ?
What is the EPA : DHA ratio ?

Doc, of all the people on here you should know by looking at the ingredient list where the Omegas are coming from.

The EPA and DHA are the same as the Puppy formula listed.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Will this food be in feed stores, pet stores or both?

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Likely more Feed Stores just because of the consumer that is likely to buy this product. We are open to any independently owned facility that can buy at our minimums or through a distributor that will supply it.

It will not be sold in TSC or large box stores. This is a product the store owner can make his or her own.

edb

Post by edb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:16 am

Gary, is this the Enhance formulas?

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

shets114 wrote:Likely more Feed Stores just because of the consumer that is likely to buy this product. We are open to any independently owned facility that can buy at our minimums or through a distributor that will supply it.

It will not be sold in TSC or large box stores. This is a product the store owner can make his or her own.
It would be a good idea to have Ivesco handle it, otherwise you won't hit the eastern feed stores thats for sure.

Angus

Post by Angus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Appears to be some decent food priced right.

With all of the other foods at the price point what makes this one stand out?

Where are the ingredients sourced from?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:13 pm

I am sure they probably buy where they can get the best price for the quality they need to meet the requirements. At least I hope they do. Most of the feed is awful high now for some people to be able to afford. It is a time when everyone needs to be price conscious.

Ezzy

shets114

Post by shets114 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Angus wrote:Appears to be some decent food priced right.

Alot of the performance feeds today are at a price much higher than Pro Form. There may be some in the same price range but the customer will just have to try it and see which one his or her dog performs best on. No matter the price point and the name, if the dog doesn't perform it isn't worth the paper bag it's in.
A couple differences with the Endurance and Athlete are the simple ingredients, for those with problems on other foods this might eliminate some of them. High Omegas in the Athlete will help in recovery and health. Pro Form is using low ash chicken meal also, with 5.9% ash in the Athlete formula, digestibilty is quit good.

Most of the major ingredients are sourced from the US, with the exception of some vit/min. If a company tells you they are 100% US ingredients including vitamins and minerals they aren't telling the whole story. Watch for the word sourced...Sourced can be in the US but certain vitamins and minerals only come from one place and it's not the US.

Angus

Post by Angus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:37 pm

shets114 wrote:

Alot of the performance feeds today are at a price much higher than Pro Form. There may be some in the same price range but the customer will just have to try it and see which one his or her dog performs best on. No matter the price point and the name, if the dog doesn't perform it isn't worth the paper bag it's in.
A couple differences with the Endurance and Athlete are the simple ingredients, for those with problems on other foods this might eliminate some of them. High Omegas in the Athlete will help in recovery and health. Pro Form is using low ash chicken meal also, with 5.9% ash in the Athlete formula, digestibilty is quit good.

Most of the major ingredients are sourced from the US, with the exception of some vit/min. If a company tells you they are 100% US ingredients including vitamins and minerals they aren't telling the whole story. Watch for the word sourced...Sourced can be in the US but certain vitamins and minerals only come from one place and it's not the US.

Sounds good.

I asked about the source of ingredients thinking I'd get a marketing reply. Your reply was anything but a marketing thing. You are spot on in your warning and I feel you were very honest in your reply. That is a very big plus imo.

Good luck with the food. I have a dog with a sensitivity to poultry and therefore cannot feed it. But I would certainly give it a try if there was a formula without the chicken meal.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Angus wrote:
shets114 wrote:

Sounds good.

I asked about the source of ingredients thinking I'd get a marketing reply. Your reply was anything but a marketing thing. You are spot on in your warning and I feel you were very honest in your reply. That is a very big plus imo.

Good luck with the food. I have a dog with a sensitivity to poultry and therefore cannot feed it. But I would certainly give it a try if there was a formula without the chicken meal.
Honesty is always the best policy.

Hopefully in the near future there will be some extension onto the intial launch. We need to get this up and running before tackling much more. Good luck

jahwarrior1423

Post by jahwarrior1423 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Hope this can reach Arizona...

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I am interested in trying to get some of this food. Do you have any distributors in the Northwest? I talked to my local feed store and they said that unless there is a distributor nearby, its not worth them paying shipping. Are there any brochures that I can take to them? PM me if you need more info.

John

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 am

John

The website will be launching very soon and I'll also have some final copy brochures soon. I have intentions to speak to some distributors on the west coast. At this time priority is going to be the East Coast but I'll be attending a buyers show this month and who knows who you will run into...

Thank you

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Update:

Well we just received our first load of Pro Form and it looks great... I also attended the Global Pet Show and spoke to some distributors, if you would be interested in trying Pro Form contact the following distributors for you area and tell them your interested. I did speak with the following or their representatives.

Jerry Miller, IVESCO Distributing for there Mid West Distribution. Mauston, WI and Springfield Ar to start off with, they also have distribution on the East Coast as well. If you live in the Midwest contact jerry.millerjr@ivesco.com and let them know you want Pro Form in your area.

Michigan and Indiana I spoke with Van Den Bosch Distributing you can contact them at 1-800-968-6477.

In the North East, PA, NY, CT, MA, ME, MD, VT, NH any of the Poulin Grain stores will have access.

In Canada you can contact Mike Scholtens at Manchester Products 1-800-265-5139 They cover all of Ontario, Quebec and have begun expansion to the west.

Florida, you can contact Farm and Pet Outlet around Eustis and Orlando, FPO@bellsouth.net

Florida/Gerogia, Elf Pet Products 1-800-471-1888

Thanks for any help you can provide in getting this product in your area. I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you

Gary