Wow, tapeworm rip off...

snips
GDF Junkie

Wow, tapeworm rip off...

Post by snips » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 am

All these years we have paid LOTS for Droncit and equilivant dewormers for Tapeworms...Recently found out about Iverhart Max that provides Heartworm, deworm, and Tapeworm all in one for little over 4.00 a pill...I ordered it online and they fax a Scrip to my vet to sign and thats it!!!
That just tells u what a rip off Droncit has been all these years...Actually, it was my vet that told me about it...
brenda

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Wow, tapeworm rip off...

Post by shags » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 am

Shop around online for FishTapes (Thomas Labs). Combine it with a dose of Ivomec or Safeguard and it's even cheaper parasite control.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:42 am

snips wrote:All these years we have paid LOTS for Droncit and equilivant dewormers for Tapeworms...Recently found out about Iverhart Max that provides Heartworm, deworm, and Tapeworm all in one for little over 4.00 a pill...I ordered it online and they fax a Scrip to my vet to sign and thats it!!!
That just tells u what a rip off Droncit has been all these years...Actually, it was my vet that told me about it...
We've been using Iverhart Plus... Does anyone know the difference between the "Max" and the "Plus"?
Last edited by SubMariner on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 am

The diffrence is Iverheart Max has Praziquantal (sp) for tapes :) You can buy OTC praziquantal for puppies and kittens at most any pet store also. It only does the flea tapeworm, but that is usually all you would need.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Praziquantal is a wide spectrum cestodicide; it's other parasiticides like fenbendazole that have limited effectivness :)

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:18 pm

shags wrote:Shop around online for FishTapes (Thomas Labs). Combine it with a dose of Ivomec or Safeguard and it's even cheaper parasite control.

Ditto on what shags said
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm

I am not sure u guys understand what I posted. These pills cost under 5.00 for one dose, covers a 50+ size dog, and heartworm treatment, and deworms. U cannot buy fishzole for near that price.
brenda