Heat cycle

Munster

Heat cycle

Post by Munster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:13 am

So, probably a silly question, but I need to ask it.

Do those heat cycle masking scents work?

I have a male and female living together. Female is not of breeding age and has not been approved yet to breed. First heat cycle went fine. It was tough but we got it done by rotating dogs.But male lost weight, typical male stuff and was just miserable.

This time around the male has a UT in 3 weeks. I am projecting her to be coming in around 7 days from now. I need the males head in the game for the test. Is there something besides sending her away, that I can do.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Heat cycle

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:37 am

No they do not work...
You need to keep her separated from your male for at least 3 weeks or more depending on her cycle
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 pm

figured.

I ave no trouble doing that. just didnt want him batty before a test.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Munster wrote:figured.

Gotta love it .... :roll: :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

kninebirddog wrote:
Munster wrote:figured.

Gotta love it .... :roll: :lol:
I actually think I will never do this again. I will either own a male or female. It is just to hard on the male to have to deal with a female he isnt breeding. But until I alter one of them, we will have to deal with it I guess.

High Voltage

Post by High Voltage » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Reading this over my lunch hour today must have cursed me. I came home to Boomer whining and when he got the chance he was licking Turbo :( I thought we had till September to deal with it. Course she doesn't seem to be bleeding yet so it could be awhile. He seems to know a couple of weeks ahead. Glad I'm not testing him! Good luck to you, where are you testing? Did I see a Max pup this weekend at our NAVHDA training day?

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm

High Voltage wrote:Reading this over my lunch hour today must have cursed me. I came home to Boomer whining and when he got the chance he was licking Turbo :( I thought we had till September to deal with it. Course she doesn't seem to be bleeding yet so it could be awhile. He seems to know a couple of weeks ahead. Glad I'm not testing him! Good luck to you, where are you testing? Did I see a Max pup this weekend at our NAVHDA training day?
Thanks and sorry about the jinx!

Yes, it is possible if the dog's name was Jet. I think he is a very n ice looking dog..............but I am bias.

I will be testing at Hawkeye in a few weeks. Scared to death. But know it is what it is. But I dont need her flasshing her fanny in his face to put more of a wrench in things. :?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Never know he may do things better?

vizslatrainer

Post by vizslatrainer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Nothing like have a stud dog and two bitches in heat in a motorhome for a month. Talk about going crazy.