Juvenile demodex

cjj

Juvenile demodex

Post by cjj » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Well I have my 9 month old Brittany to the vets yesterday and found out he has Juvenile Demodex ( Mange ) around his eye. The treatment is Ivermectin every day till it clears up , witch they said could take months, does this sound like the best way to go to clear this up or is there a better way ? I would greatly appreciate any help . Thanks

Georgia Boy

Re: Juvenile demodex

Post by Georgia Boy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:58 pm

It is the most effective way to clear it up.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:38 pm

It is the only way that I have ever treated it, beware that there may be other issues that may be causing the outbreak kind of like treating the symptoms and not the cause

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:27 am

It most likely came from the the mom and yes, Ivervectin is probably best.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 am

How was this diagnosed? Scraping or just visual?

cjj

Post by cjj » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:28 am

Too trips to my regular vet ,$250 and a bunch of meds that were not going to do anything , I am not very happy with, they were just guessing and they didn't get it ,so I took him to an Emergency Hospital were they did a scrap test $230 including the Ivermectin , now why couldn't my vet do that the first trip ?? after the second trip to the vets I went on line and did a little research and every site I found said to do a scrap test I guess I will be looking for a new vet !! Thanks a lot everyone, this is one heck of a forum and you can find out a lot of good information from a lot of nice people who care for there dogs as I do again Thank You

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am

I went through that with my two pups. Ivermectin is the best treatment. My vet went through a Dr at K-State and she suggested 60 days on Ivermectin with a skin scrape at the end of 60. Then, if negative another 60 days of treatment just to be on the safe side. Get your Ivermectin at Tractor Supply Company it will be much cheaper. Or any farm and home. Do not buy from the vet.

Have the dog sterilized because generally this is passed on from the mother but it is also hereditary. It's not the mites that are bad its the immune system of the dog. Some dogs, as they mature, their immune system matures as well and they can fight this off on their own. Others, never will have a strong enough immune system to deal with it.

All dogs have these mites it's just a matter of having an immune system that can deal with them.

Had I went with my original vets suggestion I would not have been able to take them Prairie Chicken hunting Friday morning because they would have been feeding the worms 6ft under. They are both healthy, hard hunting strong running dogs now. Sterilized, but otherwise great dogs!

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:14 am

One thing you can do is get the dog's intake of protein up. Pits and pit mixes come into a friend's rescue all the time with this problem and he is pretty sure that adding protein during the treatment helps the immune system. I have seen these dogs and they are in really bad shape coming in.

Eggs are probably the best way dehydrated or fresh.

cjj

Post by cjj » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 am

I have a bottle of vermectin I use for heartworms every month I only paid $30 . the vet charged me $70 for a small bottle . I also have chickens and lots of eggs will 1 a day be ok ?

Thanks

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:49 am

Fresh eggs have 6 grams of protein, so to equal the protein in a cup of dry food you would have to give 4 or 5. You can buy whey protein from any vitamin store that is a good option too. Its pretty cheap and low in fat.

Or you can just buy a high protein kibble.

What's the dog eating now?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Where can we find that a high protein feed has anything to do with Mange of any type? Dogs are born with their immune system though some puppies seem to need something to wake it up. That is why small patches of juvenile demodex is often not treated at all since the pups immune system will normally wake up and take carew of the problem

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:36 pm

duckn66 wrote: Have the dog sterilized because generally this is passed on from the mother but it is also hereditary. It's not the mites that are bad its the immune system of the dog. Some dogs, as they mature, their immune system matures as well and they can fight this off on their own. Others, never will have a strong enough immune system to deal with it.

All dogs have these mites it's just a matter of having an immune system that can deal with them.
You seem very quick to remove a potentially great dog from the gene pool for such a minor and easily treated skin problem.

Hip displaystic, yes I can see sterilization, but not a young dog with a stressed period of their like that allows the demodex to show up.

I bought a 6 month old gsp pup and in 2 months it developed the juvinile demodex mange, and we just treated it with Ivomectin and all was good. No sterilization. She went on to collect 4 National Championship Trophies. Whelp 4 litters and produced 14 field champion titles plus hunt test titles. I have never had one of her pups show up with this problem. Would it have been a big loss for the gsp gene pool if I did as you say and sterilize her as a 9 month old pup. I say a big YES.

You haft to look at what the dog is to you. Is it just a hunting pet. Then no loss and just another reason not to have those accidental breeding's.

Those that breed have the responsibility to know what is in their dogs pedigrees and the dogs themselves with their health issues. If you have a dog with perfect bite, but know there have been some issues from others from its parents, then you as a responsible breeder do your research and don't breed to another with bad bites close in its linage.

Removing a dog from the breeding population that has great attributes should not be done lightly by a responsible breeder. If the owner is not a breeder, then by all means do as you wish.

That being said, if a male, and it goes on to win a Field Championship, or worse yet a National Championship. It could be a Great Loss to many. All over such a minor skin rash.
NASDC 3xNGDC-RU FC AFC Gertrudes Blue Brandi JH (Brandi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=4915
FC Hi-Tailyn Elektra Fly'n (Elektra)http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4916
Hi-Tailyn Katara (Katara) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4917
Hi-Tailyn Brandi High (Heidi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4920

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:54 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Where can we find that a high protein feed has anything to do with Mange of any type? Dogs are born with their immune system though some puppies seem to need something to wake it up. That is why small patches of juvenile demodex is often not treated at all since the pups immune system will normally wake up and take carew of the problem

Ezzy
Experts that do rescue on some pretty sick animals. I think I will listen to them.

cjj

Post by cjj » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm

He is eating Holistic Select Puppy food 28% protein what could a little more protein to his diet hurt ?

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

cjj wrote:He is eating Holistic Select Puppy food 28% protein what could a little more protein to his diet hurt ?
Could never hurt. People feed over 40% to dogs and they thrive. What I am suggesting is anecdotal as Ezzy pointed out but the guy I know handles dozens of severely ill dogs with that problem and sarcoptic mange and he uses EVO Red Meat on them.

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:48 am

hi-tailyn wrote:
duckn66 wrote: Have the dog sterilized because generally this is passed on from the mother but it is also hereditary. It's not the mites that are bad its the immune system of the dog. Some dogs, as they mature, their immune system matures as well and they can fight this off on their own. Others, never will have a strong enough immune system to deal with it.

You seem very quick to remove a potentially great dog from the gene pool for such a minor and easily treated skin problem.

Hip displaystic, yes I can see sterilization, but not a young dog with a stressed period of their like that allows the demodex to show up.

I bought a 6 month old gsp pup and in 2 months it developed the juvinile demodex mange, and we just treated it with Ivomectin and all was good. No sterilization. She went on to collect 4 National Championship Trophies. Whelp 4 litters and produced 14 field champion titles plus hunt test titles. I have never had one of her pups show up with this problem. Would it have been a big loss for the gsp gene pool if I did as you say and sterilize her as a 9 month old pup. I say a big YES.

You haft to look at what the dog is to you. Is it just a hunting pet. Then no loss and just another reason not to have those accidental breeding's.

Those that breed have the responsibility to know what is in their dogs pedigrees and the dogs themselves with their health issues. If you have a dog with perfect bite, but know there have been some issues from others from its parents, then you as a responsible breeder do your research and don't breed to another with bad bites close in its linage.

Removing a dog from the breeding population that has great attributes should not be done lightly by a responsible breeder. If the owner is not a breeder, then by all means do as you wish.

That being said, if a male, and it goes on to win a Field Championship, or worse yet a National Championship. It could be a Great Loss to many. All over such a minor skin rash.

Its not just a "minor" skin rash. It's a problem with the immune system. One of my males even battled ear infections due to his weak immune system. If I had left him untreated I am certain he would be dead by now. All due to a weak immune system.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 am

duckn66 wrote:
hi-tailyn wrote:

Its not just a "minor" skin rash. It's a problem with the immune system. One of my males even battled ear infections due to his weak immune system. If I had left him untreated I am certain he would be dead by now. All due to a weak immune system.
There is nothing saying that this is a permanent issue with a compromised immune system, the demodex is located in 1 spot around the eye so it is a case of localized demodex and not generalized you might be a little quick to pass judgement.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

Localized demodex is nothing to get worried about. We are talking about a pup that is still growing and dealing with new stressors in life, and for whatever reason his immune response to the demodex just isnt what it should be right now. Treat it with the ivomec, and if it gets better and doesnt come back, then there is no reason to say the dog shouldnt be bred. If it keeps coming back repeatedly and/or continues to spread into a generalized condition, then you have a dog that shouldnt be in the gene pool.

As for the higher protein: 26% is more than enough for this dog, and higher protein wont do squat to fix demodex. what your freind in rescue is seeing is malnourished, nutritionally stressed dogs whose immune function is sub-par due to the poor nutrition. He gets them on a better diet, or in most cases just gets them food on a regular basis like they havent seen in a while, and the immune system very quickly responds and starts to do its job. the pup in question certainly may have something causing stress, but i highly doubt its a nutrition issue from what the OP says he is feeding.

And just cuz im tired and grouchy today, most (there are exceptions) rescue people are holier-than-thou know-it-all bunny huggers that think they can diagnose and treat any disease known to canines. I had no idea there were so many veterinarians in the world that never went to vet school! Okay, Im done now! :D

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Good info Doc.

Doug

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Our clinics have had success with our clients treating small outbreaks of demodex by using Advantage Multi for heartworm/parasite prevention. There's a paper somewhere in cyberspace if you search enough. Personally, I use amatraz tick collars with great results, a recommendation I also got from a vet.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 pm

dog dr wrote:Localized demodex is nothing to get worried about. We are talking about a pup that is still growing and dealing with new stressors in life, and for whatever reason his immune response to the demodex just isnt what it should be right now. Treat it with the ivomec, and if it gets better and doesnt come back, then there is no reason to say the dog shouldnt be bred. If it keeps coming back repeatedly and/or continues to spread into a generalized condition, then you have a dog that shouldnt be in the gene pool.

As for the higher protein: 26% is more than enough for this dog, and higher protein wont do squat to fix demodex. what your freind in rescue is seeing is malnourished, nutritionally stressed dogs whose immune function is sub-par due to the poor nutrition. He gets them on a better diet, or in most cases just gets them food on a regular basis like they havent seen in a while, and the immune system very quickly responds and starts to do its job. the pup in question certainly may have something causing stress, but i highly doubt its a nutrition issue from what the OP says he is feeding.

And just cuz im tired and grouchy today, most (there are exceptions) rescue people are holier-than-thou know-it-all bunny huggers that think they can diagnose and treat any disease known to canines. I had no idea there were so many veterinarians in the world that never went to vet school! Okay, Im done now! :D
You have a right to be skeptical, as I was and as he was, but it makes a difference. Same with ear infections. Dogs with chronic ear infections do much better on high protein, low carbohydrate diets. I never believed that either but it does work and perhaps it helps for the same reason.

As for vet school, you are man enough to admit who drives the bus when it comes to the curriculum on nutrition at vet schools. How many Hill's backpacks and cozy coolers did you get over 4 years?? :D

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:44 pm

dog dr wrote:Localized demodex is nothing to get worried about. We are talking about a pup that is still growing and dealing with new stressors in life, and for whatever reason his immune response to the demodex just isnt what it should be right now. Treat it with the ivomec, and if it gets better and doesnt come back, then there is no reason to say the dog shouldnt be bred. If it keeps coming back repeatedly and/or continues to spread into a generalized condition, then you have a dog that shouldnt be in the gene pool.

Good post presented in the proper tone of voice. I had given up and knew I would say something I shouldn't so I just dropped out but it bothers me when we leave bad info on the board where someone who doesn't know better picks it up and uses it. This I think is exactly the way so many of the thousands or dog related issues get spread to the point that people start to believe them.
Thank you Doc
Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Our clinics have had success with our clients treating small outbreaks of demodex by using Advantage Multi for heartworm/parasite prevention. There's a paper somewhere in cyberspace if you search enough. Personally, I use amatraz tick collars with great results, a recommendation I also got from a vet.
Absolutely. Used it one summer for mange?? and cleared it up fine.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm

MonsterDad wrote:

You have a right to be skeptical, as I was and as he was, but it makes a difference. Same with ear infections. Dogs with chronic ear infections do much better on high protein, low carbohydrate diets. I never believed that either but it does work and perhaps it helps for the same reason.

As for vet school, you are man enough to admit who drives the bus when it comes to the curriculum on nutrition at vet schools. How many Hill's backpacks and cozy coolers did you get over 4 years?? :D

Not sure what telling the truth has to do with testicular fortitude, but sure, my roommate and i had a whole pallet of free dog food sitting in our apartment. And there was usually some free samples of food, flea and tick meds, and lots of other goodies from the various companies that peddle those things and others. Did it influence my decisions about nutrition?? NO. the curriculum of the one nutrition class i had in vet school was written by the guy (a vet) that tauight the class. Plus, i had enough nutrition education in undergrad, and from my dad on the farm to base my decisions on. I dont have the luxury of selling my loyalties to any particular food or drug company, because regardless of how much they try to bribe me with free stuff, if their product doesnt work then i hear it from my clients and possibly lose their business. Ive got 4 kids and a wife that enjoys a luxury now and then, so thats something i do my best to avoid. And in a round-a-bout way, your freind is close to being right. But its not the increased protein that helps, its simply getting the dogs on a better plane of nutrition that boosts the immune system, which then keeps the demodex at bay. I would ask you this, however: is your freind 100% sure these dogs have demodectic mange?? does he skin scrape them to diagnose it??

and yes, the preventic collars work well for mange.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Sharon wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:Our clinics have had success with our clients treating small outbreaks of demodex by using Advantage Multi for heartworm/parasite prevention. There's a paper somewhere in cyberspace if you search enough. Personally, I use amatraz tick collars with great results, a recommendation I also got from a vet.
Absolutely. Used it one summer for mange?? and cleared it up fine.
It has worked for both demodex and sarcoptic mange for our clients. Pricey, but well worth it in the long run.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:37 pm

dog dr wrote:
MonsterDad wrote:

Not sure what telling the truth has to do with testicular fortitude, but sure, my roommate and i had a whole pallet of free dog food sitting in our apartment. And there was usually some free samples of food, flea and tick meds, and lots of other goodies from the various companies that peddle those things and others. Did it influence my decisions about nutrition?? NO. the curriculum of the one nutrition class i had in vet school was written by the guy (a vet) that tauight the class. Plus, i had enough nutrition education in undergrad, and from my dad on the farm to base my decisions on. I dont have the luxury of selling my loyalties to any particular food or drug company, because regardless of how much they try to bribe me with free stuff, if their product doesnt work then i hear it from my clients and possibly lose their business. Ive got 4 kids and a wife that enjoys a luxury now and then, so thats something i do my best to avoid. And in a round-a-bout way, your freind is close to being right. But its not the increased protein that helps, its simply getting the dogs on a better plane of nutrition that boosts the immune system, which then keeps the demodex at bay. I would ask you this, however: is your freind 100% sure these dogs have demodectic mange?? does he skin scrape them to diagnose it??

and yes, the preventic collars work well for mange.
It is more than just getting the dog on what is conventionally considered better nutrition. Any dry food is better than living off the streets. That is not the issue. I don't care what anyone tells me about conventional protein and carbohydrate levels when it comes to skin issues, whether they are allergies, parasites or infections.

I have reluctantly come to accept that when you raise protein and lower carbohydrates skin problems improve or completely go away, especially common problems like ear infections and hot spots. Why it helps with mange I do not know but it does. The recovery time is much faster compared to conventional diets.

In any event, my comment about the who influences what in Vet school was not to suggest you could be bribed or meant as an insult, rather to highlight the culture is skewed by powerful commercial interests and as a young student you are exposed to that. Those companies get at students for one reason and one reason only and the schools allow them in for one reason and one reason only. $$$$$$

The commercial interests that support feeding dogs 50% carbohydrates or more are much stronger than the interests that don't.

Ezzy should consider that when he accuses people of supporting alternatives. Mr. Moderator doesn't realize that he is in fact the big money spokesman when he criticizes others. He wraps his comments in a very clever way to hide it but its obvious he represents the ideals of big pet food business, where the real dollars are but the quality isn't.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am

MonsterDad wrote:

In any event, my comment about the who influences what in Vet school was not to suggest you could be bribed or meant as an insult, rather to highlight the culture is skewed by powerful commercial interests and as a young student you are exposed to that. Those companies get at students for one reason and one reason only and the schools allow them in for one reason and one reason only. $$$$$$

I understand. I didnt take it that way at all. Just stating my case, as were you. :)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 pm

MonsterDad wrote: Ezzy should consider that when he accuses people of supporting alternatives. Mr. Moderator doesn't realize that he is in fact the big money spokesman when he criticizes others. He wraps his comments in a very clever way to hide it but its obvious he represents the ideals of big pet food business, where the real dollars are but the quality isn't.
If anyone can get by the position of blaming someone for every concept he doesn't agree with as being bias, they might discover that dog food manufactures and dog owners are not at odds in their desire to produce and feed the best diet possible for our dogs. I am sure you have a very few small companies that entered the market not understanding what or how to make money but it doesn't take long to find out that there is only one road to longevity in the dog food business. and that is producing what the customer needs and not just producing a product that is short on quality and completely over priced.

The formula remains the same whether it is a "big money" manufacturer or a small group of individuals who spend their time looking for a conspiracy in every aspect of living. But their saving grace is that you can usually find what you are looking for or at least something that looks like it.

Ezzy

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 pm

ezzy333 wrote: If anyone can get by the position of blaming someone for every concept he doesn't agree with as being bias, they might discover that dog food manufactures and dog owners are not at odds in their desire to produce and feed the best diet possible for our dogs. I am sure you have a very few small companies that entered the market not understanding what or how to make money but it doesn't take long to find out that there is only one road to longevity in the dog food business. and that is producing what the customer needs and not just producing a product that is short on quality and completely over priced.
In most aspects of life the biggest companies don't produce the highest quality products. They produce a product that is enough to satisfy most people.

Gerber knives can't touch the quality of knives in my drawer, but they are way more common, it's a product of decent quality that will satisfy most people.

Whatever garbage is on top 40 radio is making more money than some amazingly talented musicians, not because it's vastly better music, but because of slick packaging and marketing, something designed to appeal to a lot of people.

Timex isn't the premier watch maker, Chevy isn't the premier car maker, Budweiswer isn't the greatest beer on earth, Kwikset isn't the best door knobs and on and on.

Companies don't become the biggest by making the best, they become the biggest by making something of reasonable quality and price, and marketing it to as many people as possible.

But you worked in the dog food industry for 300 years, so you know everything.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
ezzy333 wrote: If anyone can get by the position of blaming someone for every concept he doesn't agree with as being bias, they might discover that dog food manufactures and dog owners are not at odds in their desire to produce and feed the best diet possible for our dogs. I am sure you have a very few small companies that entered the market not understanding what or how to make money but it doesn't take long to find out that there is only one road to longevity in the dog food business. and that is producing what the customer needs and not just producing a product that is short on quality and completely over priced.
In most aspects of life the biggest companies don't produce the highest quality products. They produce a product that is enough to satisfy most people.

Gerber knives can't touch the quality of knives in my drawer, but they are way more common, it's a product of decent quality that will satisfy most people.

Whatever garbage is on top 40 radio is making more money than some amazingly talented musicians, not because it's vastly better music, but because of slick packaging and marketing, something designed to appeal to a lot of people.

Timex isn't the premier watch maker, Chevy isn't the premier car maker, Budweiswer isn't the greatest beer on earth, Kwikset isn't the best door knobs and on and on.

Companies don't become the biggest by making the best, they become the biggest by making something of reasonable quality and price, and marketing it to as many people as possible.

Now now now.....You are letting some anger escape that could muddy the water. But then we know who..................

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 pm

MonsterDad wrote:[
IEzzy should consider that when he accuses people of supporting alternatives. Mr. Moderator doesn't realize that he is in fact the big money spokesman when he criticizes others. He wraps his comments in a very clever way to hide it but its obvious he represents the ideals of big pet food business, where the real dollars are but the quality isn't.
I've found Ezzy to be very knowledgeable when it comes to dog food. I've learned a lot from his posts on nutrition. His position is balanced ,and is not influenced by the dog food fad of the day. I appreciate that.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:10 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
displaced_texan wrote:

Now now now.....You are letting some anger escape that could muddy the water. But then we know who..................
You haven't seen anything like anger, that would get me kicked off.

In a decade on dozens of forums, I've seen some amazing info come from some of the most heated arguments.

How about instead of accusing me of being angry, you highlight and correct my errors?

cjj

Post by cjj » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 pm

After a week of Ivermectin Hunters Eye Is looking better , he go's back to the vets in a week for a check up, I want to thanks Everyone for there input , I want the best for my dog and this site is loaded with a lot of good information and a lot of good people . Thanks again.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Glad he's looking better!

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:48 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
displaced_texan wrote: In most aspects of life the biggest companies don't produce the highest quality products. They produce a product that is enough to satisfy most people.

You haven't seen anything like anger, that would get me kicked off.

In a decade on dozens of forums, I've seen some amazing info come from some of the most heated arguments.

How about instead of accusing me of being angry, you highlight and correct my errors?
I'm still waiting...

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:22 am

displaced_texan & Ezzy... why don't you two just take it to PMs?

Thanks,
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:04 pm

SubMariner wrote:displaced_texan & Ezzy... why don't you two just take it to PMs?

Thanks,
Because if you're going to try to dismiss someone's point in a discussion, you should have to provide some sort of proof why it's not a valid point. Not just accuse them of muddying the waters and assuming that you know their motivation and reasoning.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:07 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
SubMariner wrote:displaced_texan & Ezzy... why don't you two just take it to PMs?

Thanks,
Because if you're going to try to dismiss someone's point in a discussion, you should have to provide some sort of proof why it's not a valid point. Not just accuse them of muddying the waters and assuming that you know their motivation and reasoning.
YOU and EZZY are the only ones interested in your hijack of this thread. You two are fighting it out in at least two threads in two different forums. The discussion is between YOU TWO. Take it private, fergoshakes & stop subjecting the rest of us to your petty quarrels.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks,
Why didn't you?

cjj

Post by cjj » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Well after 3 weeks of Ivermectin they did a scrape test and found 2 adult mites and 1 larvae ( no nymphs or eggs) . The eye looks good almost all the hair has grown back , The vet increased the Ivermectin to 0.6 mls a day . Back to the vets in 5 weeks

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:24 pm

cjj wrote:Well after 3 weeks of Ivermectin they did a scrape test and found 2 adult mites and 1 larvae ( no nymphs or eggs) . The eye looks good almost all the hair has grown back , The vet increased the Ivermectin to 0.6 mls a day . Back to the vets in 5 weeks
Sounds about like what we did, minus the extra trip. Gotta love old bird hunting country vets.