SportDog Supplements

MonsterDad

SportDog Supplements

Post by MonsterDad » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:55 pm

bossman

Re: SportDog Supplements

Post by bossman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:21 pm

I have used the performance bars with my three shorthairs the past two seasons. Dogs eat them with no problem. May be my imagination, but the bars do seem to have a positive effect on "performance". I plan to use them again this year. Headed to Kansas in about four weeks for a week. Good luck.....

SD44

Post by SD44 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Bossman,

When you say "positive effect on performance," do your dogs hunt a little harder and can go a little longer? Can you see a significant improvement in stamina?

I have been hesitant to try these only because I haven't heard much about them. Would you recommend them?
Cheers,
SD

bossman

Post by bossman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm

In my opinion, yes to all questions. I think they do work a little harder and longer. I really don't know what you consider "significant", but do see improvement. Can't hurt, give them a try. Many years ago Purina put out a performance bar, the dogs wouldn't eat them. Many people were looking for a replacement. I think this may be it. Have four multi-day hunts planed between Nov and Jan. Will be taking these along on all of them. Again...good luck ( I have no connection with SportDog)

SD44

Post by SD44 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:09 pm

I'll give them a try. I have been giving mine half of my Cliff Bar. Can't say I have noticed any improvement but he sure does like them. LOL

Appreciate your advise.
Cheers,
SD

bossman

Post by bossman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Also think they aid in "recovery" time....

Grange

Post by Grange » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm

I bought C9 Hydration supplement because I was not terribly satisfied with my setter's performance this fall whether it was during a trial or just training. My setter is a picky eater and took a couple licks of this stuff dissolved in water and that was it. She doesn't seem to like it. As it turned out the reason my dog's performance was off probably had nothing to do with hydration and everything to do with the fact that she has Anaplasmosis. After 4 days on antibiotics she's back. Looking forward to her next trial.