Safe-guard

CDN_Cocker

Safe-guard

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:53 am

Hey all - quick question. How much Safe-guard paste do you use for a 30lb dog? The dog has had the runs for the last couple of days so I'm assuming he's picked up a bug while drinking out hunting. Got some safe-guard for horses paste here and was wondering how to dose it for him?
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

CDN_Cocker

Re: Safe-guard

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Looks like 1ml per 5 pounds of bodyweight. Source - http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/health/ ... -treatment
So 6ml for a 30lb dog
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

. Sorry, :oops:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:Looks like 1ml per 5 pounds of bodyweight. Source - http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/health/ ... -treatment
So 6ml for a 30lb dog
That dose is for the liquid suspension, not the horse paste.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

buff

Post by buff » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 pm

my vet says, one tube will deworm one fifty pound dog. give him a third of the tube for three days. hope he gets better. ps vet says more is better than less.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 am

Seems expensive to use the horse paste, at around 8 bucks for 3 doses. A small bottle of suspension is about $16 and has 100ml or ten or so doses ( based on a dog #50). Expiry is a year or two IIRC.

edb

Post by edb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 am

10% paste the dose I have always used is for every 10lbs of dog give the dosage for 100lb horse. So 50lb dog gets 500lb mark three days in a row.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:05 pm

The problem here is that we don't know exactly what is wrong with the dog - if anything.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:Looks like 1ml per 5 pounds of bodyweight. Source - http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/health/ ... -treatment
So 6ml for a 30lb dog
This is an EXCELLENT article & source of information.

We have used the liquid Safeguard for goats -- yes, you read that right -- for goats. It is the same as the dog version, at a better price point.

FWIW,
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
So 6ml for a 30lb dog
That dose is for the liquid suspension, not the horse paste.
I was quoting the site and it is speaking about the horse paste not the liquid goat suspension. That's the dosage I have ran the past 3 days and my boy is back to normal. Going to run it another 2 days to be safe
Cass

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Sharon wrote:The problem here is that we don't know exactly what is wrong with the dog - if anything.
Thank you!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm

we get the horse paste and put an inch worth of paste on the finger and roll that on the tongue ...Depending on what we are working on 3-5-7 days basic worms 3 days, light case of bad water 5 days, light case of coccidia 7 days
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.