What do you think of these ingredience

Munster

What do you think of these ingredience

Post by Munster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am

Chicken Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), Fish Meal (Herring and Anchovy – natural source of Glucosamine), Ground Whole Grain Corn, Whole Brown Rice, Ground Whole Grain Wheat, Dried Whole Egg, Chicken Liver, Dried Beet Pulp (Sugar Removed), Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Herring Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols – Source of Vitamin E), Kelp Meal, Malted Barley Flour, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Propionate, Flax Meal, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Zinc Methionine, 3 Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Cobalt Sulfate, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, L-Carnitine, Selenium Yeast, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

rinker

Re: What do you think of these ingredience

Post by rinker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 am

This sounds like what my aunt always brings for Thanksgiving.

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:21 am

LOVE that comment! LMAO

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am

Nice marketing game.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:12 am

I wouldn't eat it, I bet my dogs would. What is it? I will spend a little extra for camo on my deer gun not on my dog food bag.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 am

slistoe wrote:Nice marketing game.

Hmmmm, I must have missed something.

Ill explain. This company "shared" my dogs picture on FB. I posted back and asked them who the heck they thought they were using my dogs picture. I got a call this am from them and they said they are sending me a bag of food.
So, I looked them up and found the ingredience.
For some reason I am still stuck on the stupid corn thing.But free food is free food. i will try it. Just wanted to see what some of you that have probably tried it all woud have to say.

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:35 am

In order for most to be able to offer an educated opinion one would have to be a pet food nutritionist and/or a DMV to be able to offer an opinion on most of those ingredients and what they do for the dog.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah, I was stuck on the corn thing as well - why they had to appease the misinformed masses by splitting the ingredients with rice and wheat, both of which do not work as well as corn for feeding dogs in my experience, to get the corn labelled below the fish meal. (Not the only game they are playing with that label)

Facebook? Free food! Their marketing guys are working full time aren't they.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Company?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 pm

hmm not that I will feed Ole roy to hunting dogs but I know of some German Shepards that lived to be 13 14 plus years old being fed nothing but Ole Roy

Corn really depends on how it is processed if a dog can get anything out of it dried and ground it goes in the same way it some out ..try feeding fluffy pedigree balls and hose out the kennels afterwards to see that proof in the poop BUT Loyal which my dogs do great on their poops looks like digested food
As for what a coyote eats well I have seen a lot of undigested parts from Grain to fur and feathers in the scat that is left around here...Live in Rural AZ and there is a boat load of those coyotes around here.

Companies can market some serious junk food to make a person feel all fuzzy and warm to feed it to their animals much less to feed some stuff to your children and yourself. They fill our food with wood pulp and forms of plastic telling us it is good protein source (completely undigestable) or low is bad fats and flavor it.

So when will we start to see GMO free animal food..Already happening AT the Livestock Auction the other week pigs were being brought through for sale that were sold as GMO free fed ...Marketing and then how to make an extra buck off the marketing ...Organic the other Joke in the grocery store pay more for a sticker that says organic :roll:
Oh well another puriest realist post. Yes there are some foods that are better then others but I do not believe for one moment that a 2 dollar a pound food is that much superior to some 75 cents a pound food.
What dogs your dog need and what is providing your dog the required nutrition to perform to your expectations ..That is the good food right there :wink:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:05 pm

That is made by the same company that makes Inukshuk, in fact the food is virtually identical to Inukshuk's 30/25.

The foods have a very good reputation with the sled dog people and are actually pretty reasonably priced. There is a Rotty breeder near me that carrries them and he really likes them. He sells the 33lb bags of the 35/20 for $40, so about the same or slightly less than Pro Plan, but this food has better ingredients.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:04 pm

kninebirddog wrote: Corn really depends on how it is processed if a dog can get anything out of it dried and ground it goes in the same way it some out ..try feeding fluffy pedigree balls and hose out the kennels afterwards to see that proof in the poop BUT Loyal which my dogs do great on their poops looks like digested food
I know of some dogs raised on pedigree that you may not want to bet money against - either in the field or the show ring.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Imma wait for some Uncle Si That's a Fact Jack kibble. They're peddlng everything else. :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 pm

That is made by the same company that makes Inukshuk, in fact the food is virtually identical to Inukshuk's 30/25.
In every way but the price:
http://www.dogfooddirect.com/store/p/17 ... -33lb.aspx

:lol:

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Imma wait for some Uncle Si That's a Fact Jack kibble. They're peddlng everything else. :D
It probably wont be long :roll: :lol:
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Labs4Me wrote:

Are you the gentleman I spoke with on the phone?
I cant figure so as he had a northern accent. But how did you know what food I was talking too. I was trying to be discrete.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Munster wrote:
Labs4Me wrote:

I cant figure so as he had a northern accent. But how did you know what food I was talking too. I was trying to be discrete.

Nope. I lack the equipment to be a gentleman ;) I just googled the top line of the ingredients to figure out what it was. Frankly I don't think it looks like a bad food and if I got it free I'd feed it. But no way am I paying that price!

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. :oops:

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:32 pm

:lol:[/quote]
I cant figure so as he had a northern accent. But how did you know what food I was talking too. I was trying to be discrete.[/quote]

Nope. I lack the equipment to be a gentleman ;) I just googled the top line of the ingredients to figure out what it was. Frankly I don't think it looks like a bad food and if I got it free I'd feed it. But no way am I paying that price!

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. :oops:[/quote]

That is one website. I bet the food is about $40 for 33lbs from a trainer or the store. If you buy a pallet from that company the food is less than $1lb with shipping.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 am

I don't get what the issue is. it looks like the same list as about 90% 0f the medium priced dog food. Pretty much all the same.....................Cj

Munster

Post by Munster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am

cjhills wrote:I don't get what the issue is. it looks like the same list as about 90% 0f the medium priced dog food. Pretty much all the same.....................Cj

Ummmmm, there is no issue? It was just a question.

Labs4me. 10-4 on the lack of equipment! :wink: LMOA
I dont want to pay 2 bucks a pound either. I also dont need a pallet of dog food.

How do you buy a pallet?

northUpland

Post by northUpland » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 pm

The Realtree branded food from Corey Nutrition Company is really more a hybrid cross between the Inukshuk 30/25 formula and their other brand, Pro Series 30/25 formula. But expected given the common sourcing etc. The Realtree formula is advertising a wopping 585kcal/cup where as Inuk is 502 and Pro Series is 517. My only guess is that the RealTree kibble size is very small. But I have not seen it first hand so only speculation and I need to take a closer look at the formula flow. Besides that...heck, you got to give it to those Canucks for going out and signing up with one of the most well known brands in the U.S. hunting industry. Plus, seems Corey has a clean mfg record but I'm not all that up on how our brothers to the north keep record of such. Interesting stuff. Hope you all are having a great hunting season. It been a solid one so far around my neck of the woods. -Mark
Last edited by northUpland on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Munster wrote:
cjhills wrote:I don't get what the issue is. it looks like the same list as about 90% 0f the medium priced dog food. Pretty much all the same.....................Cj

Ummmmm, there is no issue? It was just a question.

Labs4me. 10-4 on the lack of equipment! :wink: LMOA
I dont want to pay 2 bucks a pound either. I also dont need a pallet of dog food.

How do you buy a pallet?
How do you buy a pallet?

http://inukshukpro.com/3-step-buying-process/

Dr. Tim also ships pallets at a nice discount to retail and if I needed pallets that is what I would pick.

Just email him: drtim@drtims.com