Is this good? 48% dog food and 48% meat

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Is this good? 48% dog food and 48% meat

Post by ACooper » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm

pointstar wrote:
The odd thing is that bird hunters with wild and uncontrollable poorly trained dogs that have their FC titles, because they ran faster than another dog, actually believe that deer are a trash species, and that dogs should not be pointing them. The fact is that these fast ranging upland as they like to say because the dogs are scared of water dogs will not point a deer, they will chase it every time and thus must ALWAYS have a shock collar on like some nerds have in their avatar, because they are 100% uncontrollable without force, this is not a dog to be envied.

Nerd? :lol:

Wild and poorly trained, with an FC? Bahaha

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Keep on making a FOOL out of your self haven't you realized every one on this forum pretty much sees you as that?? :roll: It takes a very well trained dog to earn a FC that's how a dog points birds a mile away & stands there until their handler gets there to flush the birds MR GOOGLE! We don't need to follow our dogs around stepping on their tails to keep them in sight! :wink:
Last edited by Vonzeppelinkennels on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 pm

ACooper wrote:
pointstar wrote:
The odd thing is that bird hunters with wild and uncontrollable poorly trained dogs that have their FC titles, because they ran faster than another dog, actually believe that deer are a trash species, and that dogs should not be pointing them. The fact is that these fast ranging upland as they like to say because the dogs are scared of water dogs will not point a deer, they will chase it every time and thus must ALWAYS have a shock collar on like some nerds have in their avatar, because they are 100% uncontrollable without force, this is not a dog to be envied.

Nerd? :lol:

Wild and poorly trained, with an FC? Bahaha
:lol: I don't think I've herd someone called a nerd in 20 years :lol:

Grange

Post by Grange » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 pm

pointstar wrote:
Grange wrote:
pointstar wrote:
One whitetail or moose goes a long way to feed a dog and it's family Steve, all one needs is a freezer.
I hope you realize that using dogs to hunt whitetail deer is illegal in most of the US.
But it is not illegal for a real hunter, not an internet fake, to feed whitetail or moose to a hunting dog in any state, it's excellent nutrition, even though the meat is a little lean, and 100 percent of dogs surveyed, preferred deer meat to corn kibble. The point is hunters, hunt meat, and have plenty extra for their best friend.

HMMM THAT WAS GOOD
Are you training your dog on whitetail deer or encouraging your dog to work whitetails?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I was not going to get into this foolishness but here goes.
First how do you determine the 48% by weight, volume or what.
We just ended a very successful deer season tonight at sunset. I have been feeding my dogs venison scraps. great for putting on weight and the dogs love it. They do prefer their regular food, which is diamond performance, at feeding time. It does contain corn I don't know or care how much.
When I was a kid our dogs lived on corn bred, skim milk and whatever else they could find usually some dead critters or the spilled corn around the corn cribs. they didn't live to be twenty but few dogs do. If they didn't meet with a accident of some sort they lived a fairly long life.
We don't allow our dogs to hunt for their food because it is illegal and I live in a area where a dogs life expectancy drops significantly if they are allowed to hunt on their own. Also it is extremely difficult to hunt birds with a dog who is allowed to pull down an occasional deer.
Sled dogs and other high performance dogs cannot consume enough meat to perform at the desired level because of the high water content and weight involved. wild canines gorge themselves when they are fortunate enough to make a kill and then lay up for a couple days to digest the meat. this does not happen very often cause canines are not very efficient hunters. There main diet is rodents. If not for packs, carrion and being omnivores the species probably would have died out centuries ago. Dried fish or meat work well but take a fairly long time to digest also.
Most people will feed dry dog food because it is by far the best way to get the required nutrients into multiple dogs. raw is okay but it is pretty much guess work. We are not killing our dogs with commercial dog food no matter what you read on the internet.
Remember they can't put anything on the internet that is not true. I know cause I read that on the internet..............................Cj
I hate to burst your bubble but it is highly unlikely that your pretty little dog will be hunting at 14 let alone 20.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I see that you like your pup a lot and that is good. It is a good looking pup.
But from your comments I am not sure that you really know what to do to develop it into a birddog.

This is more what you would like to see from your pup.
My dogs are not perfect, but this is what they are breed to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_RKwP6qCPw
Steve

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 pm

pointstar wrote:The odd thing is that bird hunters with wild and uncontrollable poorly trained dogs that have their FC titles, because they ran faster than another dog, actually believe that deer are a trash species, and that dogs should not be pointing them. The fact is that these fast ranging upland as they like to say because the dogs are scared of water dogs will not point a deer, they will chase it every time and thus must ALWAYS have a shock collar on like some nerds have in their avatar, because they are 100% uncontrollable without force, this is not a dog to be envied.

I reckon that she is now losing or, perhaps, has already lost even a connection with other folks of like food opinions and agendas when faced with her recent level of posts re...... "mammals and human dog handlers in America." :D
Actually, Thanksgiving is nearly upon us.....is there no realization yet of what is going on here or any desire to mitigate more of the same?
Fingers crossed that there is...and I'll start.